Flowers
Options

Centerpiece idea

So for my May wedding next year Im thinking of making my own centerpieces.  I home can, so I have tons of mason jars ( and alot of the old blue ones from my gramma!)  I was going to use mason jars filled with flowers (tulips in one, daisys in another, ect)  I havent decided on fake or real flowers yet.  Im not sure if the table needs anything else.  There will be a small favor on each place setting, and there will be a combination of round and rectangular tables, but I feel like it needs something else.  Any ideas, let me know!

Re: Centerpiece idea

• Options
    MistyEyeBrideMistyEyeBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would use real flowers.  I can't imagine fake flowers being pretty enough for a centerpiece.  I love the blue mason jar idea.  Navy blue is one of my colors.  Rose petal pink is the other. 

How many people will each table sit?  You can always add candles around the jars to make the centerpiece look bigger.  Maybe set it all on a mirror.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking candles too, I love votive candles surrounding the centerpiece, whether it's a flower arrangement, something like what you're doing, or something totally different. What about rose petals scattered around it? Petals and votives? It might take up some more space (I'm currently having this same problem - 72" tables to fill...). Or you could get some smaller jars or vases and put just a stem or two of whatever flower you like, and set them up a little further out on the table from the main jar. Or I saw someone that had very small square vases with a single flower floating on top. It might tie in with the main centerpiece. Hope this helps!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    MistyEyeBrideMistyEyeBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those ideas all sound really pretty too!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    almostamandaalmostamanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The quality of silk flowers varies so much, that you would have to see the flowers yourself in order to decide.

Daisies are my favorite flower!  Also, daisies and tulips are so easy to grow, if you have the space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards