South Asian Weddings
Options

New Delhi shopping?

Hi everyone,I'm heading to New Delhi for clothes shopping and wanted to see if people had recommendations for good places that are current.Thanks!Maya

Re: New Delhi shopping?

• Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the SA Bio! There's a page dedicated to shopping and there should be some recs on there!  HTH! http://krishnaswami08.googlepages.com/shopping
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Maya -- I went to Delhi in March. Here is my take on where you can get stuff: Lehngas: I got my wedding lehnga at Ritu Kumar in GK1. I ended up ordering it so it takes about 2 months (someone will have to go get it!) but if you just get one off the rack, you can just take it then and they will tailor it for you. Also found good ones at Meena Bazaar in Karol Bagh. Also got my reception lehnga from Zohra Emporium in Karol Bagh. Everywhere else I didn't really like the options -- really gawdy and too much work. I didn't get to go to Crescent Mall but that might be a good options because of all the designer stores. Might be pricey though. Groom's Sherwani: Got it from Diwan Sahib in Karol Bagh (they have one in SouthEx too) -- I didn't shop around too much for this. I got FI's measurements in advance and they made the sherwani to fit him. I also got the work done on the sherwani in my lehnga color if you are interested in that. What I liked about this place is that I got his entire outfit there -- they give you the turban, the stole, the kurta pajama to wear underneath the sherwani and matching shoes. It took about 10 days to get the custom one. Shoes: good shops in Karol Bagh, SouthEx, and GK Fake Jewelry: Really liked this place called Jia's in Karol Bagh -- it had A LOT of variety and I got a bunch of stuff there Real Jewelry: I went to Tanishq in SouthEx but didn't end up getting anything. I really liked Hazoorilal in Karol Bagh and got a diamond set from there. You should check out both places to compare Invitations/Paper: I'm not sure if you're getting your invitations made in India but we did and used Harish Gupta (Bhavya Prints) in Karol Bagh as well. Everyone raved about the invitations and were amazed they were made in India. He also did our programs, placecards, favor cards, thank you notes, shagun envelopes... you name it. SO reasonable and looked amazing. HIGHLY recommend him and he's good through email. Hmm, that's all I can think of but please feel free to email me if you have any more questions about shopping in Delhi. You can reach me at meghaks at gmail. Thanks!
  • Options
    mayak1234mayak1234 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards