Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

songs

so i really like country music... but my man dont... he likes pop more... and i cant think of any good songs to play during the reception?... i want fun songs that  you can dance to as well as slow songs that are more love songs... any ideas?

Re: songs

• dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both my husband and I love country music.  However, at any wedding I've ever been to, as soon as a country song is played, the dance floor dies.  So we requested that with the exception of our first dance, please limit any country song requests from guests.

• edited December 2011
    I also don't like country. At first, I was going to write down all the songs I wanted to have played at the reception, but, then my FI told me to have a little faith in our DJ, just tell him that you don't want a bunch of country songs and prefer songs that everyone can dance to....we're probably going to have a lot of old time songs (50s-60s doo-wop, Beatles, Journey, Michael Buble, etc.) Hope this helps.
    My Planning Website Tied The Knot on 12-4-10! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Some country songs like "Boot Scoot Boogie" and "Save A Horse, Ride a Cowboy"  can work well but I agree that unless the reception is full of country music lovers, it generally doesn't work well.
  • edited December 2011
    Strawberry Wine by Deanna Carter will get people on the floor no matter what kind of music they like! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards