Oregon

Cornelius Pass Roadhouse

I've seen a lot of great recs for this place from lovely ladies on this board. I haven't been able to visit in person, and won't be able to for a while, although I've googled wedding pics. We're looking for a fall reception-only spot. So... I was wondering if someone could give me some advice/info on the following:-How many people can you fit on the "outside" ring. i.e. how many people can the barn hold for a sit down dinner while still leaving room for dancing?-How much is catering (approx pp) and what is the food like? I'm not a fan of plan ol' wedding food like chicken and rice pilaf. -All the photos I saw made the place look really dark and borderline creepy... anyone have a better idea of what it looks like at night?-And lastly... does anyone have wedding photos they'd like to share??THANK YOU SO MUCH!
imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Cornelius Pass Roadhouse

• edited December 2011
    Check out my planning bio for our pics from the Roadhouse! We held our reception in the barn and loved everything about it! We planned on seating for 140 for a sit down buffet. All the tables were on the "outer ring" with the center area open for dancing. Seemed to be plenty of room for everyone. It was beautiful at night. We add more white lights hanging from the center light to create a tent feel over the dance floor. Between those lights and the candlelight from the tables and in the windows, it was very warm and romantic feeling- not creepy at all. Plus there's a great old wood stove that keeps the place comfortably warm. If you email them, they will send you a packet of information with all their catering prices. We found everything to be really reasonable and comparable to other venues (plus you get their beer!). We were on a tight budget, wanted to get the most food for our money, and wanted something a little less informal so we went with a pizza buffet, taco bar, and deli station. I've been to other McMenamin's weddings with "fancy" food and everything was lovely. *You won't want to wear spikey heeled shoes in the barn because you WILL get your shoes stuck in between the old floor boards :)
  • edited December 2011
    We got married there in June 2006 and loved it as well. Because the weather was nice, we rented a tent which we put up outside next to the barn. We split the cost with the couple that got married there the night before. We used that for dinner and had about 130 guests. The barn we used for dancing and cutting the cake. It looked very cosy, not too dark at all. We added lots of string lights. Their catering prices are really reasonable. We spent about $30 per guest on dinner and had a selection from different menu offerings. We had beef tournedos, salmon, and a vegetarian pasta dish, some salad, rolls, grilled vegetables and potatoes. It was lovely. We even took home boxes with leftover food. We didn't have any dessert since we already were doing wedding cake. We also only served beer and wine and they priced us by the pitcher and bottle. They gave us all opened wine bottles to take home as well. Excellent service! I loved that everything is included in the price, you just pay the food and drink minimum and they set up all the tables and chairs for you, including the linens and silverware. They were super easy to work with. And I love the photos that we got of the day. The atmosphere fit our wedding perfectly. See my bio for photos. To see my planning bio find estherandgeoff (without the 2).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards