Flowers
Options

Which flowers?

Hi! Our wedding colors are dark purple, black and silver. I was going to have bouquets of dark purple roses for myself and the bridesmaids, but after looking into it, I've only seen roses that are a lighter lavender or have a grayish tint to them. Are there roses that come in a dark purple? Roses are my favorite and I was thinking I could just do red, but people are telling me dark purple decorations with red roses for flowers doesn't match... So now I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas? The wedding is in the fall, but I'm not fond of orange.

Re: Which flowers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Fushia roses might look great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding colors are dark red and purple and I wanted dark purple roses as well but couldnt find any so I am doing deep burgundy roses with dark purple callilies. If you google images Bouquets red and purple you can find lots of examples that would allow you to have roses but tie in your wedding color.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I've never seen any dark purple roses. Well, except for fake ones that were some unnatural grape color. Purple goes suprisingly well with many other colors, even red (especially the darker shades). You can mix the lavender roses with other flowers that come in dark purple. Like: Lisianthus Dahlia Peonies Astor Stock Statice (a filler flower) Sometimes carnations and mini carnations come in a dark violet color.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards