Illinois-Chicago
Options

Downtown Chicago personal trainers

Does anyone know of any affordable personal trainers in downtown? Everyone I find is minimally $80, which is a lot! Any suggestions? 

Re: Downtown Chicago personal trainers

• Options
    lmg1115lmg1115 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://trainwithron.com/workoutpricing.html

Train with ron will kick your butt. and $50 or less a session!
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What are you looking for - someone in your home or a private room in a gym?

Pre-wedding I bought personal training sessions at my gym, Xsport.  It was $52 a session.  I used some of my tax return and bought 20.  My family thought it was stupid  and a poor use of my money (I work-out/run on a regular basis anyways), but I definitely saw more toning and definition having a trainer than doing stuff on my own.

However, I will say the frustrating thing was that I went through a few different trainers b/c they kept getting promoted or moved.  I did complain and get a few free sessions to make up for it though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also at Xsport!!! They quoted me at much higher than that!!! 
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_downtown-chicago-personal-trainers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:778c109e-f529-47c3-8335-8dd6c6e1bc86Post:cd010265-e684-4e47-9ca5-f0dce8b2ae89">Re: Downtown Chicago personal trainers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also at Xsport!!! They quoted me at much higher than that!!! 
    Posted by MyWedding13[/QUOTE]

Ha, seriously?!  Why am I not surprised!  Seriously! Maybe it depends on the location?  I go to the one on Ashland in Lakeview.

I don't know if you have someone who's interested; but you can also do it with a partner; so 2 people with 1 trainer per session.  A friend and I looked into doing that and it was like $13 cheaper per session (so for me - single session was $52, but with a friend it dropped to $39)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards