Florida-South Florida
Options

cake help

Now since my mom has convinced me I need a filling for my cake I can't decide what to choose! I am not a huge cake person so I don't know what would be the best. Help! What to pair with what!!

Cake Flavors Vanilla with brandy ~ Chocolate with brandyGolden butter cakeAlmond ~ Coconut ~ Carrot cake*French Chocolate Cake* ~ CappuccinoMarble   (chocolate & vanilla)~ Peanut butter cakeOrange ~ Lemon ~ Key Lime~Banana  ~    Red Velvet*(* Filling requires) 

FillingsChocolate ganache – raspberry- Strawberry –Cream cheese - Vanilla mousse – chocolateMousse -Dulce de leche (caramel milk) - Peanut

Butter – Swiss Merengue – Lemon cream.

Re: cake help

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a lot of possible combinations, haha! Can you narrow it down to a few of your favorite cake flavors? After that we should all be able to help!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to do two different layers.. Figured Vanilla and prob choc mousse filling is a given.. but then for the other layer I am all messed up. 
    think my first choice is Chocolate with raspberry
    or
    red velvet but with what?
    or
    Chocolate with ganache
    or
    something with dulce de leche! Cappuccino? but is that a weird wedding cake. Ok so I have about 4 to choose from

But I am having mini cupcakes in the beginning that I was going to do Choc ganache and 2 or 3 other flavors thats why I was not leaning towards the ganach cake but it is so yummy...
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd do the Red Velvet with Creamcheese (pretty standard). Or, if you're looking to be a bit more adventurous with the chocolate, you could do the chocolate with peanut butter. Chocolate with chocolate mousse would be good too!

The ganche is always good so you can't go wrong there!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing almond cake with cream cheese filling ( didn't think I was going to like this one but it's my fav.) then the second layer is chocolate cake with mocha filling and the grooms cake is vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream. Like Faith said another popular one is red velvet and cream cheese filling. You just need to take your favorite flavors of all of them and decide which ones you would like to see together. If possible see if you could try samples of the ones you pick. Don't worry about pleasing your guests, do what you and FI want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok thinking Vanilla with Dulce de leche and Chocolate with raspberry.. mmmmm...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards