Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

**jen373moran**

I wanted to ask you a little more about the issue you had with your previous hair/makeup person. I have been having some problems getting in touch with the hair/makeup person I am trying to book for my April wedding and I think it may be the same person.  Would you mind telling me a liitle more about what happened?  Feel free to email me if you don't want to post it here - jamielisac at hotmail dot com Also, who did you decide to go with?Thanks!Jamie

Re: **jen373moran**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jamie, I booked Natalie with Glamour Therapy at the beginning of August.  We spoke several times and made arrangements for her and an assistant to provide hair and makeup services for me and 6 other people.  I submitted a $200 deposit, which she cashed in the middle of August.  Tuesday, I emailed her to try and schedule my trial run at the beginning of November.  She responded that she was sorry for the inconvenience but she was unable to accomodate the wedding.  She offered to try and find two assistants instead or to refund my deposit.  She did not explain why she could no longer fulfil her commitments.  The worst part is that I wouldn't have found this out if I had not contacted her.  It's by no means the end of the world.  I will find someone else.  I am just finding that it is going to cost more now than I had budgeted for myself and notified the other ladies in my wedding party of.  I am now thinking I will go with Kelly LeBlanc for makeup and Albert Brown Salon for hair.  In general, I have found it difficult to contact wedding vendors.  Maybe they are all more creative types and aren't so organized.  Who knows!  Regardless, I have tried to remind myself throughout this process that if they are difficult to get in touch with when you would think they would be trying to impress you and gain you as a customer, imagine how hard it might be later when it really matters.  So, for me, when a potential vendor actually responds to me right away and is nice, they are quickly bumped to the top of the list!  But, then, Natalie was both prompt and nice when I first contacted her.  So, apparently my standards failed me.  I know this is long.  Sorry about that.  Let me know if I can answer any other questions!Jennifer
  • Options
    jamielisacjamielisac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much Jennifer.  It is the same person.  I am very nervous now about booking her so I have to think carefully about it.  I agree that you would think vendors would try to impress you before you book them.  Get Polished is free for my wedding but I have heard so many mixed reviews.  What do you know about Kelly LaBlanc and Albert Brown Salon?  Are you going to do a trial?  Its so hard because I am going into this pretty blind because I am planning from DC.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can imagine that it's hard for you being in DC because I'm in New Orleans and still have a really hard time deciding on vendors.  I'm kind of picky about my hair and makeup.  And, I don't want to risk them being late and then me and the bridal party being late for all of the pictures before the wedding.  So, I just want someone reliable and talented.  I too am hesitant about Get Polished because of all of the mixed reviews.I like the few pictures on Kelly LeBlanc's website, www.neworleansbridalmakeup.com, and have read a few good reviews of her on here and not any bad ones.  I also talked to her yesterday and she's really sweet, which is also a plus.  Her prices are reasonable for me and the bridal party.As for Albert Brown Salon, I have also read a few good reviews and haven't seen any bad ones.  Also, they have been around for a really long time and seem to have a good reputation locally.  They too were very polite when I spoke to them yesterday.  Their prices are reasonable for me and the wedding party.  I think mine will be $125 and theirs will be $65. I also considered Paris Parker, which is where I have been getting my hair cut for the last 2 1/2 years.  While their prices for my hair were fine at $120, $90 for the other members of the wedding party seems a little high to me.  Another makeup artist I came across is Betsy Boone, www.betsyboonemakeup.com.  She looks super talented and seems to do mostly professional makeup.  Her prices for the bride were reasonable enough at $150 but she would be $130 for the other members of the bridal party if they chose to have airbrush makeup and lashes ($85 if just traditional makeup and no lashes), which is pretty pricy.  Again, sorry this is so long but I hope it helps.  Let me know if you have any other questions or if you have come across any other hair/makeup vendors that look promising!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jen- I am pretty much in the same boat.  Will you let us know how it turns out?  I am a few months behind you and would so appreciate your feedback.  Thanks! ~ Magen
  • Options
    jamielisacjamielisac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen,  No need to apologize for the long responses - I totally appreciate your input.  I have heard Brandy Gomez Duplessis bgdmakeupartistry.com is awesome for makeup too.  She is already booked on my date but you may have better luck with yours.  Celeste with the Omni also recommended Regan's Hair Salon - I haven't heard anything about them but may be worth checking out.Good luck to you.  I hope you find some great people and please keep me updated...I had a dream last night that it was the day of my wedding and nobody showed up to do makeup and hair.  This is totally stressing me out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards