Oklahoma

Anyone doing a candy buffet?

I have always wanted one at my reception, and it would be so easy to do...Michaels has great glass containers that I could buy every week using their 40% off coupons. Is anyone else thinking about doing this? My wedding is a destination wedding, so I'm already trying to pay for that plus my AHR. I would LOVE to split the cost with 2 or 3 girls, then we could just share the containers/scoops and sell everything and share the profit when we're done with it.
andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
My Planning Bio

Re: Anyone doing a candy buffet?

• lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would you be using them for your wedding in Hawaii or for your reception back here? I may be interested if we can get it to work out. I have been thinking of something unique for favors and I love the idea of a candy buffet.
  • edited December 2011
    I did this last year and I want to give you a heads up. Go to Garden Ridge and also check out Hobby Lobby. I bought a few containers at Michaels but some of them are super thin glass and will break way too easily when you are washing them. Make sure to stagger the heights and don't be afraid to use a couple of plain glass bowls.... The shapes tend to all blend together when they are set up. Good luck and keep your eye out for candy after Christmas and V-day. The "Breast Cancer" m&ms are out right now and are a great mix of pinks. Another place to look is Craigslist, that is where I sold my buffet stuff.
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **Lauly06 I would be using it for my reception here! You would use it first since your reception is in June, then I could get everything from you for mine on July 31! Email me akurys at cvic.com and we can work out the details :)
    My Planning Bio
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JesseandBri thanks for the advice!!
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards