New Jersey - South
Options

Invitations Questions???

We have not started to look at invitations yet but wanted to get a few questions answered and a better time frame down. FI and I own a house but my parents are paying for the reception. My parents are divorced so they have 2 different addresses. Do FI and I have the response cards mailed to our house or one of our parents? We have heard a bunch of different things about when to send invitations out for a June wedding because of proms, vacations, and graduations. The most common we have heard is 10-12 weeks in advance. What are other June brides doing? Also what are some recommendations for places to order invitations? I am not really looking to do them myself. Also what is the time frame you have seen for them to come in after being ordered?  

Re: Invitations Questions???

• Options
    ashm913ashm913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DH & I lived together before we were married and my parents paid for the reception. We had the response cards sent to our house cause it was alot easier to keep track of them when they came in. Not to mention, fun to open too! My SIL got married in June 08 and I think she sent her's out in April. We ordered our invites from Simply Inviting in Collingswood-- They were very reasonably priced and after she puts the order in she sends you a proof to read to make sure all the info is OK, once you Ok it, it takes about a week to print and send out. HTH!
  • Options
    mhuesser2mhuesser2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im getting married in may and ive been told by my wedding planner to order invites in feb and mail them out by march.. cant help on where to order them from because i get them through a company she uses in north jersey. my wedding is like in between proms. My little brothers are in my wedding and their prom is Friday and my wedding is Saturday. So i defintly recommed sending out invites 2 weeks before the 6-8 week range everyone says.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It may be easier to have the replies sent back to your house, plus you get the added bonus of being able to stalk your mail box as the replies come in! :-)My MOH got married in the end of June and she sent out her invitations 8 weeks in advanceI second the recommendation for Simply Inviting in Collingswood.  Tahitanna is great and the invitations came in a lot sooner than expected and they look great! The invitations came in within a week and half and then calligraphy was done 2 days after that, so the whole process lasted only 2 weeks!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely have them sent to your house--they are so much fun to open!  8 weeks before your wedding is probably safe for a June wedding.  We did 8 weeks for our August wedding because of vacations. I third Simply Inviting in Collingswood.  Tahtianna was great to work with--there is a huge selection to fit any theme/formality.  The prices are great too!  It is right on Haddon Ave in Collingswood in the new Lumberyard Building.  You can browse a lot of the invites online before you go too.  GL!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We live together and our parents are paying for most of it and the responses are coming to our house.We ordered them from Alaunbydesign.com and I LOVED them...you can custom order anything you want and you can order as many as you need...you don't get stuck ordering in groups of 25...I only need 108 and that's what I ordered.You can see samples on their website
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Places to get invitations- Invitations by Joanne- she does them out of her house and they're gorgeous and she does them at 25% off of sale price.  I HIGHLY recommend her.  I ordered mine in April, go them from her about 3-4 weeks later, and sent them out in June for my August wedding.  I don't have the number on me right now, but if you're interested, let me know.  Oh, and she lives in Wash. Twp.
  • Options
    NJ789NJ789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our invitations from Invito, they're in Blackwood in the same building as The Palace and Bella Angel. I dealt with Joanie and she was awesome. She was also able to beat the price that Joanne from Invitations by Joanne gave me.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Call me cheap, but I found an invitation I really liked on www.theamericanwedding.com.  Very affordable invitations and a huge variety of them!  Most likely, I will be using them for my September wedding.
  • Options
    lildaniec16lildaniec16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the American Wedding. They had the simplest invitation which is perfect for us. Their prices are uncomparable, they're so inexpensive. I will give more feedback after ours are delivered, but i've loved them so far. Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of the recommendations! It is very helpful. I will be looking into the places suggested. JSantilli if you do come across the number for Invitations by Joanne I would like it. I am all about shopping around!
  • Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am starting to lean toward weddingpaperdivas.com  I really like their designs and they are not as expensive as similar looking invites I have seen.
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered mine from David's Bridal online.  I just happen to find a design I loved so I ordered them. I love them.  I plan to send mine out the week after christmas for my 2/27 wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine came from www.eweddings.com. They have a HUGE selection, and were easy to work with. You can order free samples of invitations that you like, and they usually come with a coupon as well. After the coupon, 100 invitations with envelopes, and 100 response cards with envelopes printed in colored ink came to just over $100. I couldn't beat that price even if I did them on my own!
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked with a freelance designer and   I sent her various styles of invites I liked and worked with her to combine the different elements I liked into one unique invite for my wedding.  I was able to use the colors, fonts, and designs I wanted at a more affordable price than most of the websites I was coming across! I recommend Jennifer Crawford – metzcrawford@hotmail.com and she has worked with many knotties and has received rave reviews on here as well! HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards