Connecticut
Options

how much were your flowers?

I have no clue what a good price for wedding flowers are, and I'm meeting with a florist on Sunday.  I know it depends on what kind of flower you use, but ballpark.  I'm going to need 5 bm bouquets, bride bouquet, 7 bouts, and something for the moms(wrist corsage? no clue here lol).  I haven't decided on centerpieces yet, but most likely I'll be buying those too.  Thanks ladies!

Re: how much were your flowers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For about $800 I got:My bouquet 5 BM bouquets, 2 FG bouquetsWristlets for 2 moms, grandmother, great auntbouts for DH, 2 dads, Best Man, RB (GM had colored hankies instead of flowers --saves $$)4 Arrangements for church -- one we brought to reception for over fire place, another had unity candles incorporatedSweetheart table flowersFlowers for on cakeArrangement for cocktail hour I think that's it....Used all Gerber Daisies (RB, FG and wristlets were mini gerbs)Centerpiece flowers were included with venue.
    Stroller Pushing,Doctor Respecting, Full Time Daycare Paying, Alone Time Appreciating,Boundary Setting Momma
    Jenny McCarthy = Former Playmate and MTV host
    Pediatrician = Doctor with extensive experience and education on children.
    Bumpies = Don't get me started!
    I know who I get my health advice from!
    What are you looking at?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Total cost for everything with taxes and delivery was $425. The flowers we used were Roses, Alstros, and Asiatic Lilies. I had to find things that would hold up for a March wedding. Bridal Bouquet MOH Bouquet 2 BMs Bouquets Throw Away Bouquet 2 Rose Corsages 1 Gardenia Corsage (Mom's favorite flower) 6 Bouts Church Flowers
  • Options
    jenni2349jenni2349 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Est as of right now is 4k. But flowers were the one thing I wasn't willing to cut corners on.
  • Options
    rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the ballpark for mine. My bouquet was gerber daisies and roses, and the bridesmaid bouquets were gerber daisies. Our florist, Jane from Just For You, quoted the bouts and corsages before we set the flower so I think those prices are more standard: Bride bouquet: $120-150 (can't remember which) Bridesmaid bouquets: $40 each Wrist corsages for moms and grandmothers: $20-25 each Bouts: $9 each We added centerpieces at the end - I think it ended up being about $450 for 13 centerpieces.
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think mine were overpriced, but FWIW, i had all daisies, we got my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 6 bouts, and 3 pin-on corsages for about $400. if ggmae doesnt respond...ask her where she got her flowers b/c i remember thinking that she got a GREAT price!!
  • Options
    romyjm8romyjm8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bride - $175 MOH - $85 4 BM - $240 3 Grandmothers - $75 2 big ceremony arr. - $250 16 centerpieces - $1200 5 mics arrangements - $75 2 Wired urns for ceremony pieces - $50 Total = $2160
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Estimate came in at $1,200 roughly and that includes: Bride's Boquet (only one, no tossing boquet) 4 BMs boquets Groom + 2 GM bouts Corsages for 2 moms, 2 sisters doing readings, bouts for 2 dads, 1 RBBoquet for FG3 arrangements for the front of the chapel on the mantel2 wreaths for chapel doorDelivery fee - charged per mile.Reception venue handles centerpeices so no need for me to owrry about that.Florists's estimates can vary dramatically between who you go to see. I saw 4 different florists and my estimates (for the same thing, obv) ranged from $700 - $1,700.Bottom line is it pays to shop around and see who can offer you what at what price and who you feel best about working with and getting your vision.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards