African American Weddings
Options

NWR: Any reviews/comments on the Lap Band?

I am seriously considering getting the Lap Brand done for both me and the hubby.  Here's the reason why I am considering it:1. Does not require any cutting, stapling or removing any part of my stomach2. quick recovery3.  Can be removed after desired weight loss.Why do you guys think or have heard regarding this procedure?
Mr. and Mrs. Jones est. 10/18/2008

Re: NWR: Any reviews/comments on the Lap Band?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Weight is always is a big problem of mine. I'm not a fan, but that's your decision! I have my own personal weight issues and health problems, so I would be a canidate but I firmly believe in that I need to just step away from the table. Some people like my aunt who had gastric bypass gained her weight right back because she could not control her eating. Lap Band is less invasive but the thought of taking multiple suppliments to help with nutritions is not what I need. I worry about the possibilty of getting pregnant will the band is on, and what about once the band is removed, how have things changed besides your waistline. I know Sharon Osborne a few years ago when she had her talk show had to get her band adjusted because she started back overeating, so for some they might have to keep that band. Also I worry about the extra tissue, and what if the insurance does not cover the cost. I would rather keep my skin intact. Sorry for being too graphicAt the end of the day, this is why I don't want no weightloss surgery for ME, but if this will work for you. I wish you the best, and make sure you get the info needed.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    girl have any info about the Lap Band procedure to share from people I personally know but I was just wondering if you would like to try the AAW Biggest Loser Challenge with the board first to get on a road to eating and living healthier and if you haven't reached your desired goals by the end of December maybe you could look into the pros & cons of the Lap Band procedure...think about it, k??  ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did one of final degree requirement research papers on Lap-Band vs Gastric Bypass. You are correct in saying it is less invasive and can be removed. Based upon my research, I think it is best for individuals whom are considered obese and have tried to lead a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise for at least one year. Weigh out all your options, however Lap-Band is less risky and less nutritional loss occurs with it vs Gastric Bypass.  Good luck with your decision. I will look through my flash drive and fwd to you any remaining information, I have left from physician offices I recieved.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys for the info! ALf-I work out now but as you know it is a slow process, after watching a few of my friends have gastric and look amazing I started to think. why not? I would not do gastric at all, an ex co-worker of mine did the Lap band and loves it, she was up and about within 24 hours and the only supplements she takes is for protein because she lost her taste for meat.If I was going to have it done I would have it done after I have my first child...
    Mr. and Mrs. Jones est. 10/18/2008
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had gastric bypass, and I happy with my results. I was considering the lap band but i hate the fact the of the fills. I know I had a whole sugery but i had laporscopic( sp ) it was done and over, and not that bad i might add. If you have any question just ask...Good luck in whatever your choice is......
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards