California-San Diego

Private Home for Reception

Hi I am looking to rent a large private home for my reception in the San Diego area. Has anyone done this? Any rec commendations? I'd love a large estate with a great backyard so I can can have everything including the band and dance floor outside?

Re: Private Home for Reception

• edited December 2011
    http://www.estateweddingsandevents.com/ I definitely considered these beautiful estates. These look gorgeous, and they have different styled estates - you can have a gardeny look for a modern look. I'm not sure what your price range is, but you should take a look at these! Good luck!
  • SexilexiSexilexi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not a private home but check out the Darlington House in La Jolla.
  • edited December 2011
    VRBO.com is a great resource.  Just be aware that the event fees (especially for wedding receptions) are huge!  We really wanted to do this, but couldn't afford the event fee.  However, the houses themselves are quite inexpensive if you rent them for a week, so we are having some of our close friends and relatives rent vacation rental houses as a place to stay instead of a hotel.  Then they can organize smaller (and less expensive) events like the rehearsal dinner, family get-togethers, brunches, showers, parties, etc.  Good luck!  Definitely let us know what you choose to do!
    ~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards