Wisconsin

florist in MKE??

Who are people using for flowers in the Milwaukee area and what are the prices like? I'm DEFINITELY on a budget, but don't think I know enough to just buy wholesale and arrange them myself (nor do I want to be worrying about that the week of my wedding). Only four and a half months to go so the clock is ticking! Thoughts?? Thanks in advance :)

Re: florist in MKE??

• edited December 2011
    I had Belle Fiori for my August wedding and they did an AMAZING job.  Better than I ever imagined!  I think the total cost was around $2,000 but for what she did, I would have paid double.  The owner is extremely sweet too!  I HIGHLY recommend you go with Belle Fiori.
  • BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about using a grocery store? I know it sounds bad, but Sendik's has a GREAT floral section and they seem like they know what they are doing. You have to ask someone about it because they don't advertise. Grande Flowers is good. I don't have numbers for you, but I used to work there and their prices were reasonable. There's also a woman named Esther (maybe last name Flemming?) who does it on the side. Again, I don't know numbers but she's supposedly really good. Sorry that was kind of vague. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Petals Floral Design in Wauwatosa is great to work with.  I am also on the budget and considered doing my centerpieces to save money but knew that I didn't really want to worry about it but also wanted to save money.  I was able to work with Carrie to get our flowers into our budget.  She is great!
  • lexiedoglexiedog member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just used the Tosa Sendiks for my wedding flowers. They were great to work with and very creative. The price was $100 lower than others had quoted. Also I contacted them with 11 days until wedding and they did not even hestitate to do the job. (long story with the first florist). Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Petals as well...just over $500 for bride bouquet (calla lillies and roses), toss bouquet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets(roses), 12 boutonnires, 7 wrist corsages....Loved her!
  • edited December 2011
    Another vote for Petals. I told her what I wanted and what budget I had and she made it work. Beautifully.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Second vote for Belle Fiori. We used Belle Fiori for our September 09 wedding and it was wonderful. Emily was very easy to work with and they worked with the budget we had given them as well. We were more than impressed with the flowers she provided.  
  • mg321mg321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! Great advice! I'll let you know what I decided :)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Sendiks in WFB, and I thought they did a wonderful job. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards