Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Polish-Armenian wedding.... entertainment help?!?!

Hey everyone-Not the biggest problem in the world, but just wondering if anyone had any ideas for me. I am Armenian, and my fiance is Polish. His parents are very traditional and Polish cultured. I've always imagined a "big fat armenian wedding" my guests outnumber his guests, but I cant just ignore his culture. I figured we would have to split the music,  but am worried half the guests will clear the dance floor if its different to them.... How can I best cater to both cultures? Any thoughts will be Greatly appreciated!Tina

Re: Polish-Armenian wedding.... entertainment help?!?!

• Options
    Play a mixture of both types of music. If anyone clears the dance floor when music they are not familiar with is being played, that's their choice. We'll be playing Spanish and English music at our reception. I'm sure that no matter what song is playing, there will be people dancing. I wouldn't worry about how full the dance floor will be, I think it's important that you celebrate FI's Polish culture as well.
  • Options
    Well you might suggest to his mom that you do the un-veiling. Its where the brides mother takes off her veil and puts a babushka (head scarf) on her head and an apron around her waist. You could have the DJ annouce that its a Polish tradition. That way you don't have to have people wondering why they keep playing Polka and incorperate the culture at the same time. I am Polish and my FI is Irish and I don't want to do Celtic and Polka because people would most likely go running from the floor. LOL So I am doing the un-veiling also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards