North Carolina
Options

Another DJ review

I have been slack on writing up my vendor reviews, but after reading Grace's DJ review, I thought I would as least find time to write about my DJ. I worked with James from Raleigh Wedding DJ and Video. We had a few meetings with him, and James was nice, but both my mom and I kept sensing an arrogant attitude from him. I did not pay for the DJ, so it was my mom's decision to book him, even though I had some reservations.  He performed our ceremony great.  The only mistake was that he forgot to turn on the mic for our first reader, so no one really heard her.  But that wasn't a huge deal.  The reception went a little different.  My husband and I made the decision early on to pick all our reception music, and James said he was OK with this.  I gave him a list, probably of about 75-100 songs for cocktails/dinner/dancing etc.  First, he didn't play ANY music during the cocktail hour?!!?  My friend said that it almost felt akward b/c it was so quiet in there.  (I did not have a DOC so there is no way I could have known this was going on).  Then when the bridal party was doing their entrances, he played the song we chose, but right before my husband and I were announced, he turned the music off and played some god awful trumpet crap.  There is one picture as we are walking in where my face looks like "WTF is this?"  Also, during the introductions he just said "Here is Bob and Sue" not saying their titles at all like MOH and Best Man. That annoyed me.  During the reception, he kept playing songs that were not on my list- very cheesy music that I hated.  At one point when he started playing Grease music, my MOH finally went up to him and said "Please stick to the list" and he said that he had played all the songs on my list already.  That was complete BS and my mom then went up and started rambling off songs we knew he didn't play.   So I know it wasn't as bad as showing up late/or not at all, but my husband and I spent hours working up a playlist and he did not get paid to play whatever he wanted.  I was frustrated, but I know that none of the other guests even knew what was going on.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another DJ review

• Options
    birdcagebridebirdcagebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ACK!! Courtney that SUCKS...it's like you might as well have had a friend DJ with an ipod. At least you would have heard the music that you wanted. So sorry to hear yet another horrible DJ review.
    My Blog - My Bio - NC Bride Bio - Pro Video

Photo by Evoke Photography
    image imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you had such a bad experience with your DJ! Not hearing the music that you spent time selecting has to be a huge disappointment. Please make sure that you post a review of them on the NC Bride Bio so that other brides know about your experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards