North Carolina
Options

Savannah Suggestions

HeyHey! Well, I have enough StarPoints, so Robby and I are going to escape to Savannah this weekend! I haven't been there since I was small, so I am not sure what there is to do? I know it is historic, etc. Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!

Re: Savannah Suggestions

• Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was there on St. Patty's day 2 years ago and it was awesome! I suggest walking around the city. The old houses are beautiful. The main street that runs along the river has some wonderful little shops and bars. If you are into history, Ft. Palaski is right out side out of the city. There was a big civil war battle there. The fort was really interesting. There is also a cute lighthouse there. And since it is on the water/ marsh, you get some really pretty photos and get to see some great wildlife. You can also take a movie tour and see where all these famous things were shot like Forrest Gump on the bench. We didn't have time to do that, but I heard it's a lot of fun. I recommend going to their tourism/ visitor center website. They might even have some dinner/ activity coupons.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks! Robby is really into history. :-) We both love the outdoors so I am hoping we can kayak, or ride bikes. Maybe I can suprise Robby with the Fort because he has never been to Savannah. Thanks again!
  • Options
    jmesseruncjmesserunc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got back yesterday from my bachelorette trip in Savannah!  We were more on a drinking mission, so we didn't do much sightseeing.  Ha. Saturday we ate at The Cobblestone Cafe for B'fast (good), Moon River for lunch (food good, micro-brew bad), and Huey's (go for the beignets, not the food).  Did lots of walking and shopping.  For nightlife we went to the Bohemian, Churchhill's, Savannah Smiles (dueling piano bar), and Murphy's Law.  Sunday we had breakfast at the Expressy?, it was ok, shopped at the City Market, and headed back home.Stay on Bay Street if possible.  We stayed at Four Points by Sheraton.  It was fine, you'll just have to call for towels all the time-that's really the only complaint.Have a great time!  It was a great weekend trip and I'd love to go back and do some of the tours.
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bad, I spelled the name of the fort wrong. It's Fort Pulaski. It's a national park. You can go to www.nps.gov to get more info on it.
  • Options
    LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since it's Halloween weekend, you should do one of the haunted tours!  They even some that you ride around in a hurse! If you like Paula Deen, her resturant is there too!  You have to wait, but the food is sooo good.  Of all of this YOU MUST MUST walk along the river front and duck in and out of some of the little shops.  If your up for, stop at Wet Willies too for some refreshment!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a Wet Willies in Savannah??? I love the one is Charleston! They are about ot put one in Charlotte as well! I am there!!! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, you have to visit Paula Deen's restaurant if you love southern cuisine. I haven't been there yet, but it's my mission in life to make it there soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards