Military Brides
Options

In need of some encouragement....

So, we found out our branch last week. Looks like FI is in the infantry, now. I grew up in an infantry family so I know how hard it is to be an infantry spouse after watching my mother and to be honest, I'm somewhat terrified right now. I was excited at the time because he was excited and he's been working hard for this moment but now it's starting to sink in.

Re: In need of some encouragement....

• Options
    hegrigsbyhegrigsby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It might be hard, but it's not THAT much harder than any other branch. Plus, he's excited so that must count for something. It'll be ok...good luck!
  • Options
    loveandligninloveandlignin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm just freaking out because Army spouse-life is that much more real, now....
  • Options
    hegrigsbyhegrigsby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha I understand completely. My FI's orders are to come in any day now and I"m almost dying from anticipation. Hang in there, he and you can support each other with this transition.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I understand.. Its so nerve wracking. I'm so nervous about being a bride, period. Much less an Army Wife. Good luck! I'm so anxious to find out FI's branch, and that's a year away :-)
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You found out his MOS, not his branch. :)If infantry is what he wanted, then be supportive. A Soldier in an MOS he doesn't like is an unhappy and unmotivated one.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, my bad... How embarrassing. I knew that! haha Growing up I never really paid much attention to what life was like without my dad. I just knew that it sucked not having him there for Christmas or birthdays or my high school graduation. It's strange to suddenly start learning acronyms and job descriptions and actually care about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Wish.  Its hard to be a spouse to any MOS, in any branch. Each mission has its ups and downs.  But there are very few ups to an MOS that your troop hates, just like there are very few ups in a job that a civilian hates....the big difference being of course a civilian can just quit. A troop is....stuck. Try to find the positive and be supportive, the rest will work itself out and become a way of life. :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No... Wait! That IS his branch! His MOS is infantryman, as opposed to fire infantryman. There's a few others but I can't remember. Branch is the broad term, like cavalry or artillery or infantry (combat arms). MOS is more specific.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S. Thanks everybody, I'm feeling better now. I think I just needed to calm down.
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Is branch an Army colloquial for division? Because I've never heard of a division referred to as a branch.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're already tough enought o be a miliatary wife, which, IMO, not all women can do. I was talking with a Marine wife this weekend, and she told me she was just born to eb a marine wife, and we both agree not everyone can handle being a military spouse. A really good friend of mine, and I love her to death, could never, ever handling being married to someone in the military, but it doesn't fazed me in the slightest. My FI went in and requested infantry. The danger part worries me, but no matter what, it would still worry me. He deploy, he'll come home. We'll move. And then it'll start over again. Just be supportive and love him like crazy. That's the only thing you can do. Chin up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wish, it must be.  As an AF wife I am unfamiliar w/ the term "branch" being used as anythong other than the 5 brances of the Armed Forces. But, as we lovingly say in the AF, who can explain anything the Army does? :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *wife-to-be.... I'm a little anxious w/ just over 50 days to go :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards