Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Blue Water Resort?

Has anybody used this place for a reception?  Thoughts?
Photobucket

Re: Blue Water Resort?

• edited December 2011
    I haven't used them for a reception - but I've been down there quite a lot - we stay at the surf & sand next door and I am actually having my ceremony at Surf & Sand, but I can't really picture any space at the Blue water that would work for a reception.  (How many people are you planning on inviting?)Surf & Sand also owns Skippy's Pier 1 in Yarmouth - which they close for receptions, and the Red Jacket further down the beach from the Blue water has been used for receptions by other people on the board.HTH
  • edited December 2011
    We're having 50 people.  The Red Jacket is for 75+ and the Blue Water is for less than 75. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    we got married at the Red Jacket, which owns the Blue Water. I'm assuming the process and who you would be working with is very similar...and we had an AMAZING experience and everyone was great to work with. If you have any questions, let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    The Blue Water is very different from the Red Jacket - we viewed both, because we will have approx. 70 people, and really could have gone either way. The quality of the Blue Water (venue, menus, etc.) is not the same as the Red Jacket. Both have beaches for the ceremony, but it doesnt sound like you're looking for a ceremony site. In our research (and then looking at the venues), the Blue Water is a sister property of the Red Jacket, but its not a "mini-Red Jacket", if that makes sense. The menu choices, etc. are much different in quality, and what we were looking for fell between the options at the Red Jacket (too formal for us) and Blue Water (too informal). Im not dogging either one - it just wasnt what we were looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards