New York-Long Island
Options

What are you throwing?

Does anyone have any good ideas for what the guests should throw when we walk back down the aisle? What are you guys using?

Re: What are you throwing?

• Options
    stina11stina11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to throw the puffed rice that disintergrates when wet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're not allowed to throw anything. :oP So we're going to do either bubbles or ribbon wands, like this:
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    we did nothing. be sure your church allows it before you plan this. many dont.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister had called her florist and asked for rose pedals.  I don't think they even charged her for them.  You can buy these little cone things that you put them in to hand them out.  Most churches wont mind this.  hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought the same thing kltb- please make sure you check with your church before spending your money. My church won't even let our flower girls throw petals down the aisle.
  • Options
    lm3898lm3898 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found out the same thing after meeting with our Priest for the first time...only flowers in the church w/ a runner.  So no runner, no flowers or else you are responsible for picking up the runner after the wedding and any cleanup even outside.  I really want rose petals thrown outside the church after the ceremony but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen...we might do bubbles otherwise, I definitely do NOT want birdseed...
  • Options
    shortkakeshortkake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions! I forgot about all the regulations on everything. What a pain!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's exactly what our priest said- no lit candles or anything like that, anything we put up to decorate would have to be taken down/cleaned up directly after the ceremony. We could throw flower petals outside, but again we'd be obligated to pick them up right after so it's seems pretty pointless. I do really like the ribbon wands though! You can make them yourself pretty simply, too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nothing - just don't feel it's necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards