Colorado-Denver

DJ & Ceremony Music Recommendations

Alright ladies, I've landed the church, thanks to all of you! Very helpful and we have lined up Holy Ghost. The reception is going to be at The University Club, again thanks to you all because this place is amazing and it was suggested on a previous post.Now I'm lining up a few photogs and think I'll land one in the next couple of weeks, but I have no idea where to start for DJs and ceremony musicians. I've contact a few, but would like a few more options to research. And what is average pricing for a DJ and do I have the DJ do the ceremony music, or go with someone else?Thanks in advance!

Re: DJ & Ceremony Music Recommendations

• chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not have a DJ but we did hire a ceremony musician.  I HIGHLY recommend Michael Lancaster.  He played the acoustic guitar for our ceremony & also plays bagpipes if you are interested in that!  I know another CO Knottie used a harpist for their ceremony & spoke very highly of her, but I can't remember that knotties name.  GL
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Tasha - That's great! I'm glad you were able to work out things and be able to hold your ceremony at Holy Ghost. You should talk to them about the ceremony music. The fee to HG should include the organist, but you book the vocalist separately. You do meet with the Music Director (who is available as a vocalist and is very good) at Holy Ghost to select your ceremony music but not until a month or two prior to your wedding. Music selections are important b/c only certain music may be played during your ceremony. As far as reception goes, I used A Music + and they were great. I paid $595 for 5 hours. Full review in bio.
    imageimage
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    I'm writing, you're reading, everyone's happy | Daring Greatly Blog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards