California-Orange County

Dress Alterations

I have heard of a woman who supposedly does great alterations in the Laguna Beach area. Does anybody have her name? I can't for the life of me remember.

Re: Dress Alterations

• kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you are talking about Mahtab. She works in Laguna Niguel. Her phone number is 949-495-1205 or www.weddingalterations.com
  • leffyinocleffyinoc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. How soon do you have to book her? I don't have my dress yet, probably won't get it til March. I get married in June. Do you have to put a deposit down to book her? How long does it usually take for her to do your dress? Thanks, Sarah
  • kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She started my dress 7 weeks before my wedding date and took about a month to finish. I didn't pay the deposit until I dropped the dress off. I would however, contact her early to see if she is available to do your dress. When I went in August, she told me that she stopped accepting dresses until after October. Good luck!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! I just emailed her to find out her availability.
  • chiweeweechiweewee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mahtab is fantastic! She altered my dress for wedding last August and it fit perfectly. I was going to sell it afterwards but when she got done with it, I loved it too much to part with it. You can read glowing reviews of her on Project Wedding.
  • JoKelsiCJoKelsiC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! That is exactly who I was thinking of! Do you know expensive it was for the alterations? I got my dress for really inexpensive, so I'm willing to pay a little more for the alterations, but I have no idea how much that kind of stuff costs.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi..I emailed Mahtab about her availability and I'm way too far in advance to book an appointment. I don't get married til June and won't get my dress til March so she said to contact her in Feb or thereafter. So you might want to email her too and she said she won't be able to give an estimate until you meet her and she sees you in the dress and figures out what alterations need to be done. So good luck! Just wondering how many people do alterations outside the bridal shop they purchased their dress from or do people just let the seamstresses in-house do the alterations?
  • JenLeuJenLeu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mahtab is the best!  She did a fabulous job with my dress.  I had the straps taken in, a 7-point bustle added, a little bit of the bodice taken in, and it was hemmed.  I don't remember the exact cost, but it was under $300...maybe around $280ish?  She is worth every penny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards