North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

Started planning and need help with venue!!!

My fiance and I will be paying for most of the wedding by ourselves and will be having around 75 guests.  Looking for place around Raleigh or on beach.  Not too picky about the location but must fit a few things
 1.  less then $1000 for @ least 6hrs
 2. Allow outside catering and liquor brought in(we will buy alcohol ourselves)
3.  Have area to dance and not be too tight

I have looked at a few places but they are too expensive!! so thought I would ask others..

Please respond with prices of places if you are familiar with reception places.  Also, do any brides know abotu any credit cards we can apply for to start getting air miles for honeymoon?  the wedding will be sometime around early or late summer 2012.  If anyone has lists of vendors, photographers, venues, etc. with prices that would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks !

~Gayle

Re: Started planning and need help with venue!!!

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Gayle,

While some ladies do post on this board, try reposting this over on the main NC board. It has a lot more activity and you'll get a lot more feedback. Congrats on your engagment and welcome to the Knot!

-Beka
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about any vendor that is less than a grand around here.

FI does have a capital one credit card w/o a fee that he gets 1.5 miles for for every dollar. However, "miles" doesn't really refer to the actually number of miles you're flying, you earn X amount of miles to get X dollars towards airfare (I don't know the exact ratio, but it something like 50 "miles" is 1 dollar towards airfare, etc). FI got the credit card over a year ago and we're getting married in may but there is no way we could accumulate the number of miles we would need for our honeymoon in the dominican republic (we found a deal there that was about $1200 for one week, alcoholic drinks, food, hotel room, etc all included for both of us, about 600 each, which was outstanding compared to Sandals and a lot of other resorts, and it was recommended by a friend who used to teach down there). Most of the credit cards we looked at (capital one, chase, etc) function with that kind of ration set up. I'm not trying to discourage you, but if you (like us) were hoping to get your entire airfare funded by credit card miles by the time your wedding rolls around, you might want to rethink that strategy. also - and I'm saying this just because I have no idea what your credit history is, nor is it any or my business - but you have to have excellent credit to be qualified. FI got it because he has a LONG and EXCELLENT credit hx. I have a strong credit score but limited history, so I did not qualify.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember specifics anymore but I had those same requirements when I was looking and I remember really liking Duke Gardens...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Duke Gardens is $2,000 w/ no chairs, tables...just the building. I wish Duke had tables & everything to go with it. It's so pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey.  They dont allow outside alcohol but it's a vineyard and the wine is great

Gregory Vineyards in Angier NC. I'm getting married there next May.  They are EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE. Under 1000 more like 750ish depending on what you are wanting.  you can't beat the price and wine is 9dollar a bottle or 98 for a case of 12 so it's rather inexpensive as well. 

let me know if you need more info.  the place is amazing and a bridal suite area to change.  and they have tables and chairs no extra charge.

morgan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh I forgot to mention.  i'm an assistant photographer to my mother in law (to be) and she does great work.  she actually photographed the vineyard and she'll be doing my bridal portriats there.  She's really affordable and does AMAZING WORK.  Crimson Lights catering in dunn has the best prices around. 

oh there's so much to tell.  I've researched like crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards