Nebraska-Omaha

A View in Fontenelle Hills

My name is Jen, the new Events Coordinator here at A View. To give more information pertaining to everyone's comments, we are happy to provide our preferred DJ, The Party Zone, starting in 2010 at a low rate of $600 for our customers for their reception. Keith from The Party Zone is awesome at keeping the party alive and we receive numerous comments that he is one of the best DJs in the Omaha area.A View does not have a preferred vendor for cakes, but we must require the cake to come from a health-approved bakery (not your kitchen)  =). We are required to have a security guard on duty when alcohol is being served. It is an off-duty policy officer (not a rent-a-cop), and they're  there to make sure children aren't walking out the door unattended, gifts are secured, people are able to get home safe after drinking, etc.All fees are discussed upfront in the contract, including the 18% service charge and 7% sales tax. This 18% service charge covers all bartenders, the event coordinator, the waitstaff, janitors, setup crew, teardown crew and equipment to ensure your event runs smoothly. We have this 18% umbrella charge so there aren't any hidden charges (ie: clean up charge, bartender charge). I'd be happy to discuss our services and all we have to offer here at A View. Please feel free to give me a call at (402) 291-2582.

Re: A View in Fontenelle Hills

• teacherlady79teacherlady79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen--I appreciate that you are just trying to answer some questions that were asked here, but vendors are not allowed to post on these boards.
    Photobucket

My food blog:
    www.stringbeansandskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

Started TTC 03/11
    MFI Diagnosis in 02/12
    6 month wait for quarantined DS, 04/12-10/12
    IUI #1 10/25/12, BFP 11/6! Low rising betas, u/s confirmed blighted ovum 11/26. D&C 12/6. And now we wait again...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f6e0]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • mikenjess113mikenjess113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jen and Teacherlady, I have my reception and wedding at A View next October and could not be happier with the service so far. All of the information such as a preferred vendor and the 18% charge were told to me as soon as I was thinking about booking. Also, all of the other venues that I looked at for these services had the same 7% tax and 18% service charge, so that was to be expected. After being explained the preferred vendors, I can understand why they want that. If I ran a reception venue and did not do inhouse catering, I would not want people walking away saying, "I went to A View and their food was terrible". The caterers offered are in a low, medium and higher price point. The place is stunning and they offer some of THE BEST bar prices that I found. Just thought I would post so you all could hear it from a bride's perspective.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • klkoesterklkoester member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also having my wedding at A View. So far i have had no problems and the place is beautiful. I don't mind the preferred vendors but i booked before they made you use the DJ so i am using my own. The good thing about the preferred vendors is that they already know the place and are comfortable with it. I am getting my food through Hyvee and she already knew about a view and how everything would be set up and where she would do the buffet so i made me more confident that the night will go smoothly. Overall so far my experience with A view has been great and i cant wait to have my wedding there next august!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at The View....June 5, 2010.  It is gorgeous....I do understand the preferred vendors, but I think they need more options.  I also booked before they had their preferred DJ so I am also using my own.  I do not like how Shari is gone, some new person is in, and no one contacted (even w/ an email) to say "Hey, there's been some changes." 
  • mikenjess113mikenjess113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, it would have been nice for them to contact the brides.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Question for you ladies: Is it legal to charge the 7% sales tax on the 18% gratuity as well?  I didn't think you could tax a "tax"?Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards