Michigan-Lansing

Rehearsal dinner venues

Hi Ladies!Fiance and I are getting married in East Lansing and we need help finding a rehearsal dinner venue that is not too out of the way from MSU campus and Okemos.  We're expecting around 30 people, which includes our out of town guests.  So far we've considered Dusty's Cellar but their menu is almost identical to our wedding menu and Eagle Eye.

Re: Rehearsal dinner venues

• kflook007kflook007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Troppos in Downtown Lansing.  Great food, and depending on the weather you can rent out the balcony.
  • T&A430T&A430 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on your budget: Trappos is really nice, but if it is the place I'm thinking of it has a price tag to match. If you're looking for something a little less expensive but still nice you could try Bravo or any of the other various restaurants in Eastwood Town Center (Mitchell's fish market, PF Changs, etc). If you're looking more on the Okemos side of town, there are a lot of chain restaurants - Outback, Ruby Tuesday (which is in the mall but still has a private entrance) or Olive Garden.
  • edited December 2011
    I made a list of potential places, including Champp's & Mitchell's in Eastwood; Dublin Square, Harper's and Beggar's Banquet in downtown EL; Spartan Hall of Fame Cafe, Pizza House, Old Chicago, Stillwater Grill, Gilbert & Blake's, Hershey's Steak and Seafood, and Clara's Station.Hope this helps!PS- Can you e-mail me about your airbrush make-up? phill369 at msu dot edu!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • alknappalknapp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard from a number of people that Old Chicago is a great place to do it.  They have a separate back room that you can reserve.  I would also recommend Dublin Square.
  • npricelovenpricelove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Old Chicago Pizza.  The prices were great, the food was great and so was the service!  I would highly recommend them.  They have different packages that you can choose from somewhere between $11 - $16 per person.
  • Anniee1963Anniee1963 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We held our rehearsal dinner at Jimmy's Pub, which is right on Chandler Rd. We had a whole room to ourselves. The manger worked with my MIL to get a custom menu set up. They had great food and the service was really great as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SKeeseeSKeesee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at the Claddaugh Pub in Eastwood Towne Center. It was a lot of fun, and the food is awesome.
  • SKeeseeSKeesee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I agree that Clara's is good too. I went there for a graduation party. The food is good and the restaurant looks really cool inside.
  • jeanlee123jeanlee123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  Thank you for all of the suggestions!  We're going to check out Clara's tomorrow night, and this new place called Enso that our wedding decorator suggested. 
  • edited December 2011
    Keep in mind things other than restaurants too. We're planning on having a BBQ at a park close to our ceremony site (also happens to be where we got engaged). It's cost efficient, casual, and fun. Just an idea.
  • jeanlee123jeanlee123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could just do a simple BBQ and bonfire at my parents' house, but our wedding is on Dec. 19th in the middle of winter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards