Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Horrible vendor experience (longer than intended sorry)

I had a meeting with a florist this weekend and it was absolutely one of the worst wedding experiences I have had to date. Normally I don't advocatte children in grown up settings but there was an unavidable cirxcumstance where my nephew had to come along with my mom to the appointment and I was appalled at how she treated both my mom and nephew that I literally had to talk myself out of leaving the appointment.So basically my nephew was a bit fussy about getting in his stroller so I set him on my lap and he went to grab the business card that the woman had given my mom (we already had some from thebridal show anyway) and she immediately took it from his hands and said oh let's save thos for people who will actually read them and handed it to my mom - which upset my nephew so she took him outside. He souldn't calm down so my mom took him home leaving me at the appointment. As the door was closing the woman said, in a really snide tone, Oh I didn't mean to upset her. I told her that it was just silly that she couldnt spare one card and she then accussed me of being the problem because i didn't let her know he was coming and she usually asks so she can be prepared (which she didn't ask).Then she her assistant kept having ot tell her the names of flowers that would work in a bouquet that I want and she was very bossy and pushy throughout the entire meeting. To top it off she said she will not give me the names of flowers that we discussed until I sign a contract and give her a deposit (no other florist has had this stipulation) and her prices were three times as much as any other florsits I have met with. It was so infuriating and I obviously will NOT be using her but I just couldn't believe anyone would be so rude to a potential client.Has anyone else experienced anything similar with rude vendors? How did you hadle it? I really wish I would have just gotten up and left instead of wasting two hours of my Saturday.

Re: Horrible vendor experience (longer than intended sorry)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry that you had to go through that! Would you mind sharing who it was so other brides on here can be warned? I luckily have not had any issues thus far, fingers crossed!
  • Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was debating whether or not to put the name on here, but since you asked, it was God's Garden Creations in Tempe.
  • Options
    shellybethshellybeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that! The only bad experience I have had was with the lady who was going to alter my dress.. (a different lady is doing it now though) Ps. You look like my FI's sister in your sig picture!
  • Options
    Mrs_AFMrs_AF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally recommend Amanda from Butterfly Petals. She is doing my flowers, is inexpensive, and very down to earth.
  • Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually did meet with her and it turns out she is the oldest sister of one of my guy friends from jr high - high school. She was great, and REALLY affordable - I will most likely go with her but wanted to meet with a few people to get a better idea of what I want and price ranges.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amanda with Butterfly petals is my florist too and I love her!  I just did a trial run with her a few weeks ago and the flowers were great, we just made a few minor adjustments but she totally got my visions!  There are pictures in my bio under trial runs if you want to see some of her work.
  • Options
    GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. Go with Amanda or a different florist. If this lady is being bossy & rude to her potential clients, I'm sure she'll be worse once you sign your contract & pay her. She could have been more understanding of your situation & given you a moment to calm your nephew down if he was being fussy. She just should have been more understanding. Also, refusing to give you the names of flowers that you discussed during the consultation is ridiculous. I met with 4 florists & never heard such a thing. As a matter of fact, each florist typed out a detailed quote, which included the names of all of the flowers that we discussed. What's the secret honey, everyone knows what a peony is, you're a florist & you didn't invent these blooms. Seriously, it irks me that vendors have the nerve to act like this given the economy. Take your biz elsewhere & tell her why you chose to work with another florist. She ought to know her attitude is not appreciated.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a bad experience with the store I bought my first wedding dress from (yes, I ended up with a second).  She was rude anytime I spoke with her, after I already paid, of course.  The first time I talked to her, the owner, and went in to look at dresses, she was very nice.  Unfortunately there weren't many reviews up about her and her store until recently and there were several other girls who were having the same issues I were.  It's so unfortunate when such a happy occasion is clouded by a rude or pushy vendor.  Do they really get business behaving that way?
    80 Ready to party! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your experience. I used a Flower Power Wedding flowers and I can't say enough good things about Jenny. Her website is http://flowerpowerweddings.com. She was amazing to work with and I couldn't have been any happier with my flowers. My DH had lost his job so our budget was a concern and she helped cut my flowers down the $550 out the door cost. Brenda and Phillip 10-10-2009
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    stahlopstahlop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen from Ever After Florals is wonderful too.  That's who we're using.  She's really good and she's easy to get a hold of.  Amanda was our second choice, although, she never did respond to my emails when I said we were still comparing estimates, whereas Jen always did.  Personally, I had a bad experience with Jodi from Flowers by Jodi.  She didn't get what we were talking about at all and she had a fake perkiness about her that just annoyed me.  I was really disappointed after meeting with her since everyone on the board had such nice things to say about her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards