Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Intro

Hi everyone,

Longtime lurker here, thought I'd introduce myself.  Finally set a date or at least a time-frame and I finally feel like I can really start planning.  We're from Miami but wanted someplace with a little more history and beautiful architecture and we've been up to new orleans a bunch of times and really love it.  My ultimate Nola wedding would be in the french quarter at someplace like latrobes or in a  beautiful courtyard with a reception in a big ballroom.  I love reading about everyone's plans and it's really helping me narrow down which vendors to contact.  Hopefully I'll eventually have some good stuff to share too.

Claire

Re: Intro

• Options
    So cool, coolcatclaire! Nice to hear your intro. Welcome and congrats on starting your planning!
  • Options
    Welcome coolcatclaire.

I also just started planning and posting on the boards.As you know from lurking there are lots of helpful ladies here. Good luck & happy plan ning !

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!  Good luck with all your planning!  Be sure to check out Muriels (BEAUTIFUL space with very rich architectural history).  Jackson square is a beautiful courtyard and the restaurant is right there.  That's just the first thing that came to mind but by the description of what you are looking for there are just so many options :)  Happy planning!
  • Options
    Thanks girls!  I actually like Muriels alot but I need to see the private rooms in person.  And OpenHeart I was so impressed with the notes from your visit.
  • Options
    Welcome!  Muriels was beautiful and was in my top 3 choices, along with Latrobe's and the Wax.  All three have a very New Orleans feel.  The only reason I went with the Wax over the other two was because I wanted one big reception space and with my number of guests that wasn't going to be possible at Latrobes and Muriels.  The only ballroom I considered (not my thing, but FMIL really wanted a ballroom) was Bourbon Orleans.  Very, very beautiful and definitely gives off New Orleans feel. 

Good luck in your planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you're having a larger wedding, your guests will definitely be broken up into separate spaces at Muriel's.  I didn't want to feel like my guests were at four separate parties.  I think it's great for a smaller wedding of 100-150 though.
  • Options

Good point about the rooms at Muriel's.  I wouldn't want to split things up and I figure we'll have more than 150 for sure.  But maybe we can save it as an option for the rehearsal dinner.  Thanks again!

• Options
    I'm getting married at Latrobe's in February and wanted to tell you that it IS affordable if you're willing to have a daytime event =)

Happy planning!
  • Options
    Congrats!!! II gotta tell you...I think this board has the sweetest ladies on it! Everyone here is so nice! Happy planning as well! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second that!  Everyone seems so nice and I've gotten a lot of ideas from lurking too.
  • Options
    Good to know about Latrobe jeffandjazz!  Thanks for the encouragement everyone.
  • Options
    If you want a place with some history, check out the following:

New Orleans Museum of Art
    Gallier Hall
    The Cabildo
    the Blue Room at the Roosevelt Hotel

THe first three have some large spaces and some smaller rooms.  The last one is one large area.  Not sure if all are appropriate for 150+ wedding.

Good luck!  I'm actually honeymooning in Miami/Keys, so we'll be swapping!  :D
  • Options
    Thanks for adding the Cabildo to my list.  Let me know if you need any Miami tips!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards