Texas-Austin

Engagement Photos

Where in Austin is the best place to get engagement photos? TIA
BNOTB September Siggy Challenge: What I Will Miss About Summer: Swimming whenever I want. This is a pic of the largest pool in the world.

Re: Engagement Photos

• Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you looking for a specific location?  there are so many that are so different, you'll have to give us a little more to go on.  I wanted a more urban feel, so we did ours downtown in the warehouse district.  If you want a more park-like feel, check out Mayfield Park.  Other popular spots:  South Congress, the Welcome To Austin postcard mural (Annie and South 1st - i think), the blue tile wall on the convention center parking garage (5th and red river), the Capitol, the 360 bridge, the fountain outside the long center, etc. 
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GerberladyGerberlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for this post, I am takin myE-pics next week and needed ideas too!
  • edited December 2011
    That's a really broad question - it all depends on what kind of feel you are after for your shoot. Do you want urban or rural? Hip & funky, romantic, classic, historical, Austin-ey...? A lot of people use the same locations around town - Blanton museum, UT Campus, Bob Bullock museum, Capital building, South Congress, Laguna Gloria. A suggestion might be to look at local photographers blogs or engagement albums online and see if you like any of the places they shot then show your photographer the pic. Chances are they will know where it is.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• mina&douglasmina&douglas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was another dillema, I didn't know what kind of mood I should go for. The theme of our wedding is 50's rock n' roll/ rockabilly. I didn't really know what my options were for Austin. I live just outisde of it and the photographer won't come out this far.
    BNOTB September Siggy Challenge: What I Will Miss About Summer: Swimming whenever I want. This is a pic of the largest pool in the world.
  • edited December 2011
    Austin has some great places to shoot if you want to stick with that kind of vibe/theme.  I would say South Congress just about anywhere will be great - The Austin Motel, Continental Club, Big Top candy shop and Lucy in Disguise are what come to mind. Also some and coffe places, cool little bars and resale shops you can pop into - OH, and an airstream camp. All would lend themselves well to the tone. Also you might be interested in the old Saengerrunde bowling alley near Scholtz beer garten, or even Dart Bowl which is north central for a funky retro vibe to some of the pics. The Omlettrey up north central on Burnett and Austins Diner close by may also work.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards