California-San Diego
Options

NEED HELP WITH LINENS!

Hi. This is my first time posting something on Knot, but I have definately been lurking around and found soooo many informative and helpful messages. So I am hoping to get some good feedback.

I am having a beach themed wedding at the Grand Tradition at the Arbor Terrace in Fallbrook, CA. My wedding colors are blues (not turquiose), tans and white.

At the venue the reception area is tented and they offer white linens, wooden chairs with white seat pads and white plates. So everyhting is white. I wanted to show my wedding colors in the recpetion and I am planning on adding some color through my table linens. I am looking at some overlays, because i dont need the linens to go all the way to the bottom and i still want some of their white linen to show. But I need some help in picking the color. I did order a light blue satin overlay and tested it out at the venue, but now im thinking it might be too much blue since i will be having blue flowers in my centerpieces (they will be tall vases, with shells at the bottome, with white roses and blue flowers). So now im thinking i should use a tan color on the table instead.  or if i should just use runners???

Let me know what you think is better!! Thanks!!!

or

or

or

Planning Bio Link: http://amyanddevinthomswedding.webs.com/
PLANNING BIO!

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 126 Invited so far! image 65 Are ready to party!
image 38 Will be missing out image 23 Are MIA

Re: NEED HELP WITH LINENS!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a similar look at my reception with my wedding colors (red and eggplant).  We are going to have red flowers as centerpieces with 54" dark purple satin overlays on 60" tables covered with white table clothes.  This way, the purple is predominant but there is a little bit of white sticking out to lighten it up and the red of the center pieces really sticks out.  HTH!

Happy planning!
    ~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing overlays as well because well, one, they were cheaper, and two i love the ivory hanging out of the bottom. I would suggest going with the tan and then perhaps adding blue accents, like your flowers and perhaps favors and candles? I know exactly how you feel because we are doing brown and pink and decided to do brown as the main color and pink as an accent. Hope I was of some help! Good Luck!
  • Options
    laurenruegglaurenruegg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also think that the tan is nice as a runner and then using the blue as an accent in your flowers and ribbons etc. The blue overlay is alittle large and overwhelming. Espeically when you visualize all the plates, cups, silverware, centerpiece etc, etc. on the table. The runner is a nice, subtle touch. I am thinking about doing the same thing with the runner, my only problem is that I can't find one in the color I need. My wedding colors are champagne, black and white. The runner you have pictured here looks alot like what I am looking for. Would you mind sharing your info with me as to where you would be renting from? Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.  The other option I was considering was getting a champagne overlay but a smaller one that would lay just on top of the table, only about 4 ft by 4 ft, not so large and overhwhelming. That can be another option for you to consider. Hope this helps
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT! I THINKE IM GOING TO USE THE TAN OVERLAYS CUZ THE BLUE IS A BIT OVERWHELMING. AND THEN ILL JUST DO BLUE IN THE THE FLOWERS WITH WHITE. SO THANKS AGAIN IT REALLLLLLYYY HELPED ME!

AND LAURENRUEGG- I AM BUYING MY LINENS FROM:

www.tableclothsfactory.com/default.asp" title="www.tableclothsfactory.com" class="colors_homepage_title">www.tableclothsfactory.com

I HAD ALREADY ORDERED AND RECEIVED THE BLUE SATIN OVERLAY A WHILE BACK. AND I CAN TELL YOU WHAT   SEE ON THE WEBSITE IS AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF WHAT YOU GET IN PERSON IN TERMS OF COLOR. I WOULD SAY MAYBE ORDER A LITTLE LARGER ITHOUGH IF YOU ARE DOING OVERLAYS BECAUSE THEY RUN A LITTLE SMALL. LIKE I ORDERED A 60 INCH AND I NEED A 90INCH (MY TABLES ARE 60INCH) SO THEY DO RUN A LIL SMALL. THEY ALSO HAVE A TONS OF COLORS AND OTHER OPTIONS!

GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!!!

PLANNING BIO!

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 126 Invited so far! image 65 Are ready to party!
    image 38 Will be missing out image 23 Are MIA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh that is good to know abou the linens from tableclothsfactory as I am also ordering my linens from there! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards