Maryland-Baltimore
Options

We Have Set The Date!

Wow my first post.  I've been a lurking member on this site since 2006.  But since we've finally set a month, I decided to post and say hello and thanks to all who post informative things.  We live in Owings Mills, MD and are Baltimore.  Right now FI is away working (pro football player) and I'm here.  I am a full time freelance journalist.  On that note, I started a blog about my wedding plans, and its wehavesethedate.blogspot.com    Its just a humorous look at my life and planning a wedding.

Re: We Have Set The Date!

• Options
    robynjdmrobynjdm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    should have said "and are FROM Baltimore"   Where's the edit post button???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Reisterstown/Glyndon area!Have you picked a place yet?Welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! What's the date?And unfortunately for the time being there is no edit button, but they've been talking for awhile about updating the message boards and we're all hoping that's one of the new features they'll add, since they do have an edit button on TheNest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, I tried the link and it didn't work =(
  • Options
    Amy52582Amy52582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I just set my date and venue as well so I'm super excited to get planning.  Everyone here has been really helpful,  I'm also in Owings Mills!  Look forward to hearing more about your day!  
  • Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and Welcome. I just want to say I am going to love following your blog. I love your goal: "my goal is to be super skinny and by super skinny, I mean, where people are wondering if I am hitting the pipe." - lol, i can't stop laughing!!  I can't wait to read more!!!So when is the date/month?  Have you decided on a venue?
  • Options
    Amy52582Amy52582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I just set my date and venue as well so I'm super excited to get planning.  Everyone here has been really helpful,  I'm also in Owings Mills!  Look forward to hearing more about your day!  
  • Options
    mmattoonmmattoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! Let us know if there is anything we can help you with!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    robynjdmrobynjdm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the welcome!  sorry i misspelled my own blog.  its wehavesetthedate.blogspot.com  Our month is JULY and we do NOT have a date yet but leaning towards the weekend of the 16th, 17th or 18th.  I know, we are behind!  But interestingly, quite a few places are still available.  We are looking for a venue that can seat 250 minimum for the reception.  So far we like the World Trade Center, The Maryland Historical Society and Evergreen House.   Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!So cool to see people from our neighborhood...and all over Baltimore :)
  • Options
    robynjdmrobynjdm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ajerome21  thanks so much for following the blog!  Glad you found it despite my misspelling.  Oh and if anyone can tell me the rules again on what we can and cannot say as far as vendors... I was reading the rules on this and another knottie off-shoot board, very confusing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, alright the vendor rules I can explain - for awhile if anything negative was posted about a vendor, it would automatically get deleted, which many of us thought was pretty ridiculous because it's just as important to know who to avoid when planning your wedding as it is to know who is someone you should meet with. Negative reviews are allowed to be posted on the board as long as they are factual and do not personally attack an individual. This rule is still pretty new and there's a lot of discussion between moderators about what is allowed and what isn't, so it's still a learning process for me too, haha.
  • Options
    robynjdmrobynjdm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks aborlita!
  • Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    robyn -  you could turn your blog address into a link (ex: how i have "my bio" link under my wedding countdown).   Then there would be no more misspellings and it is easier to go to.I can't remember how to do it.  The ladies here helped me with it.  I am sure they will help you to. Just a suggestion. :)
  • Options
    robynjdmrobynjdm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!  I'm so challenged around here.  And I participate in MB's all the time but this one is....errr "special" ;-) I did make the blog my siggy...but no clue how to hyperlink it.  Ughhhh.  Or even if it will show up in my signature, LOL.  Let's see....
  • Options
    robynjdmrobynjdm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok its there :)  I will play around with things on here later on and try to do some more with my siggy, maybe add picture or something
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!Your blog is awesome!  I'm sitting over here cracking up**And let's face it, in this economy, there's really only one reason to be married: health insurance! And there's really only one way to do it: Big, splashy, and overbudget!**
  • Options
    robynjdmrobynjdm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks all!    Love the photos in the siggys!  Gorgeous
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome!!!  I look forward to getting to know you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards