Rhode Island
Options

My reviews! Part 4....

I don't think I forgot any, but I'm sure I did.  I used a ton of etsy vendors for everything, but I am going to make a separate post for all that in a few weeks.  This is hard work!  I did want to mention our photographer and videographer.  I can't really give them grades yet, right?  Photographer: Melissa RobottiWe liked her use of black and white, which is what caught our eyes.  We are both photographers, so we were extra-picky.  She organized my photo-obsessed family very nicely, and she also did it quickly (which my non photo-obsessed in-laws totally appreciated).  I gave her 5 must-take photos, but said I just wanted photos with the same FEELING.  I trust her.  I can't wait to see my photos!  (They are the next ones to go up on her blog but they're not there yet!)Videographer: Nicole ResendesNicole surprised me.  I wasn't really expecting anything, I guess.  Both my sisters said GET A VIDEOGRAPHER so we did....  She was just so NICE.  I don't think I was expecting her to NOT be nice.  I don't know.  I just really liked having her there.  She moved around like she was 100% professional, getting the job done, but still enjoying herself.  I wasn't sure what the rules for the church were, and she just rolled with it literally up until the ceremony started.  :-)Oh!  The ceremony!  It was at the Old Narragansett Chapel in Wickford, built in 1707 with the oldest working organ in the US.  I can't really review it because my FMIL is an Episcopalian priest so she married us and organized everything with the church.  We got Mark Steinbach for our organist and he was fab.  My cousin is a professional wedding singer so he sang at the ceremony.  So that's why I didn't really review that part of the day.  As the guests were exiting the church, we had hired Newport Creamery to have an ice cream truck outside, ready to scoop dishes of ice cream.  We'd chosen 5 flavors ahead of time.  This was SUCH a huge hit and I am so glad we did this.  I give them a 4 only because the communication was a little spotty but in the end it was such a hit that I was just excited we could do this four our guests.  Not expensive either!  Oh the limo!Limo: Pearl Essence Limo - 5Arrived on time, was clean.  Made my FG's day.  Maybe her year.  She loved that limo.  Best price too, that I could find.  Walter was the driver.  He held my train until I was ready to enter the church, then he spread it along the ground so it would drag nicely.  Who does that??  My sister thought that was awesome.  He knew exactly where he was going, even though my own GPS can't find the church.  Wonderful experience.  One more.Canditto.  We rented a Canditto.  It's a small machine that sits on a table.  It has all nine slots for all different memory cards.  Guests put their memory cards from their cameras into the Canditto and it automatically pulls photos from the last 8 hours ONLY and makes a copy onto the flash drives located inside the Canditto.  The machine got shipped FedEx a few days before the wedding.  It came with papers to give to the DJ to read aloud, to instruct guests on how to use the Canditto.  We ended up getting almost 600 photos from our 93 guests.  We shipped it back in its box the Tuesday after the wedding, keeping the flash drives.  We thought this was better than doing a photo sharing site since no one uses those and I wanted to be sure to get people's photos.  Obviously it costs money and photo sharing sites are free, but this guaranteed that we'd get photos.  Which we did.  I used a coupon to make it cheaper.  You can email me at jlsimon56 at hotmail dot com if you want the code.  For real, I think that's it.  Thanks for reading.  Hope these help someone.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My reviews! Part 4....

• Options
    meggetmegget member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the reviews!! love the newport creamery idea (and that it wasn't expensive!!)! sounds like the wedding was a blast! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Canditto sounds like a great idea, I have a friend who is getting married in January and I am going to tell her about it. Sounds like your wedding was a blast, where did you windup taking pics in the park that day? Towards the end of my picture taking, I think I was in the Japenese gardens at that time, I saw another bride in the area, was that you???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  I don't know where we ended up taking pics.  We started in the Rose Garden....then walked a bit.  It was COLD so I wasn't really paying attention.  I did mention to Melissa that I wanted to take pics in the Japanese Garden since I lived in Japan growing up, but I don't know if we ever made it there??  The ice cream was cheaper than the limo.  And I can't recommend the Canditto enough.  It was AWESOME being able to go through photos the very next day.  My husband's grandparents were unable to attend the wedding, but with the Canditto we were able to visit them Sunday afternoon with some pics of the day. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the Canditto idea.  Going to look into it now!  Sounds like you had a fantastic day with everything...your food sounded awesome!  Congratulations and thanks for the reviews.Jen
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have Nicoles information to contact her?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a great day; congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicole's contact: ncresendes@yahoo.com 508-728-5102

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:39 and BRCA1+, DH:44
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#5 11/12 bad embryos= BFFN
    FINAL DE IVF #6 1/13: cancelled as second donor backed out during stims
    Was added last minute as 3rd recipient to new donor on 1/18; ET1/23/13
    2/1/13 BFP for the first time ever; Beta hell for several weeks: miscarriage 7 wks
    CFNBC
    GradyPhotobucket
    Riley
    RIP Riley 1/4/12
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards