African American Weddings
Options

Thinking about moving.......

The wedding to June. I'm starting to get over my head with planning. I feel like I'm drowning. FI acts as of he's not interested in anything at all, wedding coordinator is on my a$$, money is tight, Christmas is right around the corner. Lord I don't know what to do. Any sugguestions?

Re: Thinking about moving.......

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Girlie, if your venue is available and you think financially it will be better for you all. Do it!!! Does your wedding date hold any significance to you(first date, proposal date, anniversary). If it doesn't, what is two months. LOL....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If the 2 months will help, then do it! Is fi ok with it?

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    ciliajonesciliajones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would either move the wedding date back (which is hard for a bride to be to do) or take some time from the wedding planning process. I took a week away where I didnt log on to the computer, dont go in the wedding aisles at the store.. NONE OF IT. I felt much better. My FI really is not playing a huge part in the process, so I was overwhelmed and I gave up. Feel much better now- but I take my time away...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do what works for you. If you think that financially it will be best for you then make it work. GL
    Lovin Kimmie
  • Options
    NaturalPearlsNaturalPearls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly...we may do the same thing. We wanted to do a small wedding with just family but that's 38 people on my side and 20 something on his. FI is afraid we won't have the money together in time for that. We tried to sneak in a couple of friends but all our friends have children...::sigh:: And we met at work so there are those that we'd like to invite from there. It's an issue. The guest list is at 100 now. :( I told him we could still make it work by Feb but he doesn't think so. Soooo I'll be talking to the planner on Friday to see about making it happen or moving the date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Mia. You don't want to be stressed and become a Bridezilla, we will talk about you! LOL Seriously, do what you feel is best for you and your pocketbook, you'll love yourself for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards