Texas-Austin

Caterers - Help?

Hi everyone, I'm having a hard time with the caterer decision process. I'm having my wedding at Star Hill Ranch and am going off their recommended vendor list. The only caterer I have heard a review about is Pink Avocado so I am definitely talking to them about our menu. But from there... I'm not sure who else to talk to. Everyone's menu online looks really yummy... but who should I contact next? What was the process you went about finding a caterer? Here are some that are on the recommended list: word of mouth, dagar's catering, kurant events, crave catering, austin catering, an affair to remember, creative creations.

Re: Caterers - Help?

• edited December 2011
    the way i went about it was contacting several different caterers i had heard about with what i was looking for as far as menu goes and i received quotes from them and then went from there and picked one based on my budget. i went to several different events where i tasted food from different caterers and that also helped in my decision along with setting up a tasting with my favorite caterer and after that, i just knew i wanted to use them!
  • AggieDanerAggieDaner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She's not on their list (probably because she's very new), but I'm using Liz from exquisite cuisine and I LOVE her. Her prices are really great, she's incredibly friendly and easy to get in touch with, and of course the food is just flat out amazing. She comes to your house to cook the food for your tasting and makes it into a dinner party for up to 6 people...honestly it was probably the best experience I've had to date for wedding planning stuff. Here's the website:www.exquisite-cuisine.comTell her Dana sent you! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    ditto everything dana just said! we're using liz as well. the tasting was it for me. one bite and i was sold!
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a tasting with Liz in a couple weeks. It will just be FI and I, but we are excited, because the menu we worked on together sounds scrumptious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Liz is amazing! We just hired her for our wedding and I'm so excited! Her food is delicious!!! And she's very affordable.
    Planning Blog: www.JohnandSteph2010.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image228 Made the list!
    image 42 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out!
    image 180 Can't find the mailbox!
  • sweetscarletsweetscarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Pascal's Catering and we loved, loved, loved them. Ivan was our contact and I absolutely adore him. He was so helpful and completely "got" everything I was going for, and understood my family, the works. I love them. He was absolutely my #1 point person for this wedding (in lieu of a DOC, etc). And their pricing is extremely reasonable and flexible. And the food? One quote: "If I could have that Nantucket Blue salad everyday for the rest of my life, I'll die a happy man." Yeah, it really was that good. www.pascalscatering.comGood luck!
  • bjfriedlbjfriedl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Susan at Austin Catering. I would use them again in a heartbeat. The food was outstanding, and Susan did a beautiful job as our event planner. I cannot recommend her/austin catering highly enough. Mother of the Bride
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Dagar's Catering. It's been really easy to contact them, and their food was yummy and very reasonably priced!
  • sarainaustinsarainaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you concerned about the budget?  Do you have to use their preferred vendors?If not, consider asking your favorite restaurants if they do outside catering.  Alot of them do professional catering in addition the restaurant biz.  They can get away with charging less because they dont' have to pay rent with the catering money.  From what I've seen, 10-15/head depending on your menu and service.  (if not less)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards