Oregon
Options

Edgefield question

Hi Has anyone had or been to a wedding at Edgefield during a concert? I heard the parking situation is bad and you can hear the noise, but there is no way to know if there will be a concert before paying a deposit. Thanks ladies.

Re: Edgefield question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I live very close to Edgefield and hang out there alot during the Summer. I can tell you that parking and traffic during a concert is absolute hell! You can hear the concert a couple miles away sometimes ( I could sit in my backyard and hear it). So if it was my wedding, I would not want to have it during a concert day. Your guests could be parking all the way out in the field or even on the street. And the place will be swamped with people just hanging out an enjoying the concert.And this info is coming from someone who loves Edgefield, not a hater!They usually have concerts on the same type of days every year. Maybe you could speak with the staff and check last years schedule to get an idea. That way you could work around it. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you book Edgefield, please get more than one bartender. I went to a wedding there once (which happened to be on a concert day - pain in the butt) and there was one bartender. I stood in line for 25 minutes. The guy was PAINFULLY slow. And all I wanted was a soda. I would make sure you don't have a concert the same day of the wedding. Parking is hell and it's just a zoo. Oh and the other thing I recommend! Get signage directing people to your wedding. I had no clue where the wedding was. I had to call someone to help guide me to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards