Wedding Reception Forum
Options

DJ and the Love Story

Has anyone heard of the Love Story. The DJ i want to hire does it but to get that service costs an extra $300. Since we are on a budget i'm not sure i want to spend it unless it will be worth it. If anyone has had this done tell me would you pay $300 for it. And for those of you who don't know this is what it is, in a nut shell. Basically the DJ has you write the story of how you met dating and how he proposed etc. Both the bride and groom write separate stories and the DJ take them and puts them together then reads it before your first dance. I like the idea i'm just not sure it's worth $300.

Re: DJ and the Love Story

• Options
    Definitely not worth $300.  You could ask a close friend or family member to do it for free. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So for $300, the DJ combines, condenses, and reads the story of how you met/fell in love to all your guests before the first dance? If you are asking if the price is worth it, only if you want to spend the extra money for the DJ to tell guests how you met/fell in love. I think you can do this your self for free, and put it on a website or your knot bio, and then those that are interested can read it, or not. If you're asking if doing the Love Story thing is a good idea, personally, I'd skip it. Because what are you and your guests doing while he reads your Love Story? If you are standing there in front of your guests (or waiting to be introduced), while the guests listen and watch, I would think it would end up being awkward, sappy or AWish. As a guest, I'd feel it's sappy, and too personal. I don't generally want to hear the "how we met/fell in love" stories, especially if I'm forced to listen. I'd be polite and listen, but after about a minute, I'd be looking around for a drink or a way out.
  • Options
    This is something that the best man or MOH can sum up in a toast. For free. Not that it's necessary to begin with... I wouldn't pay for it :)
  • Options
    $300, your DJ is having a LAUGH! Like pp's said this is something your FI or best man can do for free in the speeches, or you can put it on the program
  • Options
    PS Expat, everytime I see you post I have to have another peek at your bio and envy how beautiful your wedding was!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards