Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Rehearsal in Catonsville, Dinner in Bmore?

Hello girls -- Currently we're tentatively planning to have our rehearsal dinner in Baltimore (probably somewhere in Little Italy as my fiance is Italian), but all our guests will be coming from the rehearsal (or the hotel) in Catonsville/BWI. We're definitely planning on carpooling to cut down on the number of vehicles that will need to find parking, but my dad is concerned that it's inconvenient to get there, particularly on a Friday during the evening rush. I don't live in the Bmore area, we're in Silver Spring, but we've made the trip up there during various evening rush hours and I honestly don't think it'll be that bad... anyone have any tips? My dad's not very familiar with the area, and doesn't realize that there aren't many non-chain-restaurant options near the venue or the hotel. But I want him to feel comfortable with it as my parents have generously offered to foot the bill (my fiance's parents have both passed away).

Re: Rehearsal in Catonsville, Dinner in Bmore?

• Options
    vjcjenn1vjcjenn1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would feel comfortable with it, maybe see if there are any italian restaurants in CatonsvilleOne place that comes to mind, not italian but very nice is the candlelight inn...then on your way to Ellicott City there is a big Italian place, not sure of the name but it's on Frederick Rd
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    vjcjenn1: I think the place you are talking about is Demitri's (or something like that), it's a greek restaurant.  I've been there once, wouldn't go again, but I am not a fan of greek food myself. tracy_k: One place I have never been myself, but might be nice is the Olive Grove.  My FI's sister had a dinner there after she got married (family dinner-they got married at the courthouse).  Another place that I love is G&M's-not Italian, but they have THE BEST crab cakes.  I don't know if they have a seperate room though, but I would love to have my rehearsal dinner there.  Both of these places are in Linthicum.  Hope that helps!Denise
    Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    robynjdmrobynjdm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It only takes about 20 minutes to get from most points in Catonsville to Harbor East, where Little Italy is.  Most Little Italy restaurants have complimentary (or cheap) Valet parking as well, so your guests won't have to search around for parking.  Literally the main street in Catonsville (Frederick Road) can be driven practically straight into Little Italy.  Your guests coming from the BWI area...same thing 20 minutes to the Harbor and Little Italy's a stone's throw from the Harbor.  For them, they just need to take 95 North, get off downtown, hook a right on Pratt Street and that falls into Little Italy.   From Frederick Road, it turns into Pratt Street.Our favorite restaurant in Little Italy is Aldo's.  Please check them out.  If not there, then Da Mimmo's for the best veal ever.  If you're looking for something a little less expensive, Sabatino's is always a pleaser.
  • Options
    MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our rehearsal dinner at Chiapparelli's, they have been great- very easy to get in touch with, very flexible and willing to do pretty much anything for our menu and bar options, and very reasonably priced. We've arranged with the restaurant to have our guests' valet parking included on our bill for the night, so it won't cost them anything and they won't have to find street parking. Just my personal opinion on the traffic- I would advise guests to avoid Pratt St during rush hour, from about 4-6. It gets *very* congested as everyone is leaving the city and heading toward 83. If you can do the dinner at 7, it would be much easier.
  • Options
    tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys are awesome! Thank you.MereFM, Chiapparelli's is high on the list! We looked at La Scala as well (my fiance loves the bocce court in the restaurant, LOL) but their banquet prices start at $47, which is more than we're paying for the wedding food. Ack.Thank you for the other suggestions, ladies! I've got lots of places to check out. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards