Michigan-Lansing

Local Barista?

My Fiance is a total coffee snob, and since we are having a dry reception, I think it would be awesome to have a Cappuccino/Espresso station with a Barista. I've looked into a couple, and the cost isn't horrible, but as both companies are in the Detroit area, the trip charge was almost as much as the cost of the service itself. Does anyone know of a local vendor? If anyone has used one for their wedding, I'd love to hear feed back!I also considered doing a very nice Coffee station by maybe renting a large (picture fancy) coffee urn? and having different syrups, creamers, whipped cream, etc? I also think this might be a neat option as we could also offer hot chocolate/hot cider (especially since it's a fall wedding) But I'm not sure where to find one locally ( a fancy urn to rent)?TIA

Re: Local Barista?

• jeanlee123jeanlee123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Where is your reception?  Perhaps the catering manager would be able to design something as an enhancement to your catering package.  Our catering manager at the Kellogg Center is doing something similar for us.  Our wedding is in Dec. so we are having a hot chocolate, hot cider, and coffee bar with an option to spike the drinks during our cocktail hour.
  • noturavrggrlnoturavrggrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception will be at the Grand Ledge Opera house 9/19/10, they don't have in house catering. We are just getting started, so I haven't booked a caterer yet. But I will definitely  check with caterers as well as the opera house event manager. Thanks!
  • wparsons1223wparsons1223 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!We are using Adeline Leigh catering. I just checked our brochure and the do have a Coffee Station option. This is what it says: A Coffee Lover's dream! Fresh brewed Columbian coffee (regular and decaf), served with assorted coffee syrups, assorted flavored creamers, traditional cream and sugar, assorted flavord chocolate spoons and mini baked boscotti.   $2.95 per personPlease note that this is from thier 2009 brouchure so I bet the price has gone up. But at least it gives you an idea. Thier website is http://www.adelineleighwedding.comMy reception isn't at the GL Opera House (beautiful location!) but I know they caterer there because I have seen other bride's reviews that used them at that site. Thier food is great!I hope this info helps you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards