Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

So, 8 days before my wedding....

My house was burglarized. Thought about a million other things that could go wrong prior to the wedding, but never thought about this. Luckily my FI, our dog and I were not harmed. The person broke in during the middle of the night and swiped anything portable with value in our living room - work laptop, our blackberries/phones, FI's wallet, my briefcase, and my Sirius radio. The person did not take my purse or wallet. We've spent our morning at our banks closing accounts and opening new accounts, replacing our phones, etc. So at 4:30am when I realized this happened, I'm standing in the middle of the street waiting for one of our neighbors to come out to borrow a phone to call the cops. No house phone and no alarm which are two items we are purchasing immediately!

Re: So, 8 days before my wedding....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    j&p - I'm so so sorry this happened to you guys!! It always make me feel so violated when I hear this kind of stuff. You should never have to deal with craziness like this but to have it happen now is just awful. I'm so glad you are all ok which is most important. 3rd thing on the "must get" list: attack intruder classes for ur pup! : )
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  That's horrible.  At least you are all okay.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah that's scary and so awful!!  I'm so sorry to hear this.  If there's anything wedding-related we can help out with just say the word!
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How awful! It's sad to hear about things like that :(  But also a blessing that no one was hurt! You know there should be a chip in your phone/blackberry so they can track where your phones are....I had a friend who had her purse stolen at a bar and she contacted Apple (bc she had an iphone) and they were able to track it and find the person who stole her purse! So maybe you can do the same? I hope that your wedding is amazing and everything you ever wanted to make up for this!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! I'm SO sorry to hear this. Thank God you, FI & pup are okay. I want to say I hope they find the bastards but imagine it would be hard. :[
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    J&P, I'm so sorry to hear this! That's so horrible. I faithfully set our house alarm every night before bed and at times I wonder why I even do becasue it seems a little stupid.  But you really never know. So sorry you have to go through all this the week before your wedding!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I forgot to say that I'm glad that you all are OK. Good luck with everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry to hear. Thank god you weren't hurt!This terrifies me - esp since you were home and prob sleeping when it happened.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so sorry to hear this!this has happen to me twice within the last year. i know how frustrating it can be and what horrible timing at that.glad to hear you are OK.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this happened.  Glad everyone's ok.  As long as no significant money was taken or transactions made with your cards, just remember that everything else is just "stuff" and you can replace it.When FI's out of town for a night I lock myself inside the bedroom while I sleep and he thinks I'm nuts for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear this, but happy to hear no one was hurt.
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg I am SO sorry to hear this!  i am glad that you and FI are OK.  Please let me know if there's anything WR i can help you with!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear this happened to you!! As if you aren't dealing with enough right before the wedding.  Good luck, take it one step at a time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow so sorry to hear about this!! I am glad you guys are all okay. I can't imagine how stressful this has to be for you right now :( But at least everyone is okay! DH makes fun of me for setting our new alarm to "stay" while we're home at night sleeping but this just goes to show you, you never know. A recommendation for a security company that is local - Vector - we just got ours installed a few weeks ago and are very happy with them so far. I price shopped with brinks, adt and vector and found the best coverage/deal with Vector, they also monitor us for fire and auto alert the fire co if their detectors go off, which I liked since we have a dog.
  • Options
    Robinc612Robinc612 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am SO sorry to hear that, but am so glad you are all okay!!! Its just me, my fiance, and pup too, and I would have freaked if that happened to us!! This is the LAST thing you needed right before the wedding!!! It better be smooth sailing now!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    J&P, I am so sorry this happened... and the timing couldn't be worse (not that any timing will be good, but you know what i mean). I am thankful you are all ok and I hope the person get caught. Hang in there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear that you, your fi and your dog is alright! You both are in my thoughts!
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    tracyd21tracyd21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness - that is so scary!  I am glad you guys are okay.  Everything will work itself out in the end.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so glad everyone is ok, but so sorry this happened to you.  I cannot imagine how violated you feel.We have had ADT for 3 years and I love them, they always call so quickly and we also have our smoke detectors hard wired to them. We got a call this summer when we were away because an supervisory alert (as opposed to a fire alert) was going off....turned out to be a low battery, but they were still calling to tell us this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear that you're OK....you know the saying that something has to go wrong with your wedding....hopefully this is the something :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! That really sucks, I'm so sorry J&P. I'm glad you guys were not hurt.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry that you had to go through this!! I can only imagine how violated and scary this is to go through.  I'm so glad everyone is alright! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies for all your kind thoughts. This experience has been so frustrating and exhausting. Somehow I'm managing to keep everything together even with the extra stress. Losing my phone and my laptop are a complete hassle, but fortunately my accounts weren't compromised. I lost some wedding documents, but nothing crucial. I'm so thankful we were not hurt and didn't face a confrontation with the burglar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards