New Jersey - South

dj's available...

I have heard great things about dj's available and I think I am going to go with them for my reception. My FI is very picky about what songs he wants played and I want a dj that is going to work with us and is easy going. For those of you that went with them what dj did you choose and did they play your requests?

Re: dj's available...

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Terry @ DJ's Available. Their website has a song database for you to create a playlist. You should check it out.I'm getting married in 2 1/2 weeks. I'll post reviews afterward to let you know if he stuck to my playlist  :)Good luck planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Im using DJS available for my 11/14 wedding also, Im using Joe Moser, I went to a DJ show and saw all their djs perform.
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    amyngreg just posted a rave review about DJ's available a couple threads down.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Terry from DJs for our 10/11 wedding and overall, we were happy with him. Our dance floor was packed pretty much all night and our guests had a blast. There were however a few things he did that irked me the day of. This is a bit long winded, but meant to help.~ For the processional we found an instrumental version of our song, "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. DH emailed him the MP3 and we discussed it at our final meeting as well as through email on more than one occasion. We wanted everyone to walk in to this (bridesmaids and myself). Well don't you know, the day of comes around and I'm standing there waiting for the flower girl to get all the way down the aisle (to the correct song) and he switches the music to the bridal march (which I stressed that I absolutely did not want, we were on the beach and are not that traditional) I could see DH waving at Terry and guesturing that it wasn't right... Terry's response was "it's for the bride" and pointing towards me as if DH didn't know. I froze and refused to walk, my parents finally got me to move once we realized he wasn't going to switch back. It wasn't the end of the world, but I was pretty bummed.~ We had certain songs on the "do not play" list (we are not group dance people...electric slide, macarena, etc.) Well, Terry went ahead and played the ChaCha slide, the Electric Slide, and the Cupid shuffle. I will say that it got some of our guests out of their seats, but he ignored our list. ~ We had a very short "must play" list and a good number of those songs were not played. If I had the time that night, I would have gone up and asked him to play them, but I was a bit busy. Haha~ During the Mother/Son dance, he called DH by my name. Got a few laughs, but I don't think he was going for the comedy, he just messed up.I was going to write all this up in a vendor review, but I figured I'd just go ahead and do it here. The company itself is very well run, and Terry was very friendly and professional....just pretty forgetful.So, if you are using or plan to use him, make sure you give very clear instructions at least 3-5 times and remind him that morning if you have any specific requests.
    TTC since 7/10
    First RE appt 10/11
    Me- 29; DX- Stage II Endo & hydrosalpinx
    DH- 34 w/ "borderline morph"
    12/2011, 1/2012, & 3/2012- tamoxifen+TI= BFNs
    Lap- 4/11/12- removed ovarian cyst, adhesions, and repaired twisted tube
    IVF#1- BFN
    IVF#2- ER 10/14; Transferred 3 beautiful 8cells on 10/17; BFP! 10/29 beta#1- 152, beta#2- 378, beta#3- 755
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~ S/PAIF welcome ~
  • edited December 2011
    we just used Mike from DJs Available and I think he was great. Although we didn't have a very long list of specific songs, he met our every "must play" and "do not play" request. He was very easy going and definitely wanted us to be happy with the music.
  • edited December 2011
    angel3082 - After reading your post about Terry, I'm starting to have second thoughts.Everything that you described will not fly at my wedding. I have a fairly detailed song list that I expect him to stick to. I'm meeting with him on Monday. We'll see how that goes.
  • edited December 2011
    jajph- just make sure you tell him that it's very important to you. Be very cut and dry and don't give him wiggle room on the things that you are not willing to compromise on. I think maybe we came off a bit too laid back at our meeting with him. Don't stress, he's a good dj, i just think you need to let him know your priorities with the music. GL with the meeting!!
    TTC since 7/10
    First RE appt 10/11
    Me- 29; DX- Stage II Endo & hydrosalpinx
    DH- 34 w/ "borderline morph"
    12/2011, 1/2012, & 3/2012- tamoxifen+TI= BFNs
    Lap- 4/11/12- removed ovarian cyst, adhesions, and repaired twisted tube
    IVF#1- BFN
    IVF#2- ER 10/14; Transferred 3 beautiful 8cells on 10/17; BFP! 10/29 beta#1- 152, beta#2- 378, beta#3- 755
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~ S/PAIF welcome ~
  • edited December 2011
    We used Mike P. and he was awesome. Definitely check out the database to make your lists. He played all of our Must Plays and probably most of our "if possible" list. He steered clear of our "don't play" list as well. I know he turned down a request for at least 1 song from that list and checked with me for permisson to play another request that wasn't on any of the lists. He said since the style of music was completely different from most of our requests, he wanted to make sure it was okay. Then he followed up with others based on reading the crowd.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards