Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Deposit structure

All,I just met with a wonderful photographer over the weekend. Loved the pics, the emot, everything! I was taking a look at the prices (paying for it ourselves) and they seem high (like it will be ~$6,000 including the book). Plus he wants 50% to hold the date and then the other 50% a month before. Is this usual?? I know he wouldn't run or anything, just seems like a lot and a lot really quick.Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks :-)

Re: Deposit structure

• edited December 2011
    I paid half of my total package at booking and the other half the week before the wedding.  I don't know about prices because those tend to vary by region (my package was $3000). 
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    completely varies... i put down 50% and paid the other 50% day of.
  • edited December 2011
    Most photogs ask for full payment prior to the wedding day so they can make sure the payment clears. :)The payment schedule you wrote is normal!
  • edited December 2011
    Varies by photographer but that seems normal.
  • edited December 2011
    Compare prices to other wedding photogs in your area with similar packages to see whether or not it's expensive.I paid 50% down to hold the date and the rest is due at the wedding. FWIW my package is $1200 for unlimited time, no prints included, but almost everything else will be discounted or upgraded.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • edited December 2011
    The one I hired only ask 30% down and another 20% when I consult with my photographer, 40% AFTER the wedding when I pick up the photo CDs and last 10% when I pick up my album. I think this is great deal! Very reasonable. let me know if anyone wanna know the name of the studio, I would recommend them to the knotties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards