African American Weddings
Options

HoneyFund.com?

Anyone had experience with registering for HoneyFund? Do guests really buy in to the idea or is it a waste of a registry?Please weigh in on this for me. Pros and Cons.

Re: HoneyFund.com?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I never heard of it.
  • Options
    braxtongirlbraxtongirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the honeyfund. We got about $1000 from our honeyfund registy. You can still look it up. Just enter in "braxton" and the date was 9.19.09. I loved it. We also had a poem on our wedding website that explained our situation. Like to read it, here it go. Please feel free to use and adjust to your needs. We're happy to have you as our guests And to hear you wish us nothing but the best We have our dishes and towels for two We have pots and pans and oven mitts too We have a house that is filled to the brim In fact, we actually need to trim So you ask, what can you do for this Bride & Groom? We’ve been together for 6 years And things have been great But one thing that we’ve never had Is time alone to for memories to generate So this year we are taking out time for us And spending it at the Atlantis in Bahamas Gifts towards our honeymoon would be such a treat You'll be helping create memories that we will hold dear to our hearts and always keep! Welcome to our wedding registry. We've made gift giving quick and easy with an online registry. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your loving gifts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah. We got $1,00o actually through the website but we got approximately $4000 for all the monetary gifts towards the honeymoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cool. I wasn't sure if folks would be down for putting money in online.  Did you use PayPal?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The honeyfund lets your guest donate three ways. They got options. We did use paypal. There was a little charge but it was cheaper than these other websites that charge like 7%. I think that it was like 4% but I wanted to give them an option. Othe options were people could choose what they wanted and print off a certificate and send a check in the mail. Last option is to select the item, print the certificate and bring the check to the wedding. braxtongirl
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a great question.  I wondered about that myself.  I love the poem, I may have to borrow that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that idea and the poem. It's really good. I may have to borrow that too ;)I checked out the website and i like the fact that your guests can print certificates and put them in cards. It's such a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards