Honeymoon Discussions
Options

HM Costa Rica

Can anyone recommend a great HM resort in Costa Rica on the beach?  We're open to suggestions but specifically toying between Occidental Grand Papagayo or Paradisus Playa Conchal.  Anyone been to these?

Re: HM Costa Rica

• Options
    We're going to Costa Rica for our honeymoon. We seriously, seriously considered the Paradisus Playa Conchal until we had a budget setback. If not for that, we would have booked it! It looks amazing! We're staying at the Ocotal Beach Resort. It's not AI, but it looks beautiful and so far the staff is amazing: http://www.ocotalresort.com/index.html Again, not what you're looking for if you want AI, but the rates are really, really good. We also picked up two Costa Rica travel guides and both guides recommended both our hotel and the Paradisus; I never checked out the Paradisus on tripadvisor, but Ocotal had good reviews there. Good luck! Hope this helps!
  • Options
    we didn't go for hm-just a birthday trip. info in bio.

• Options
    My favorite was the Pacuare Jungle Lodge http://www.junglelodgecostarica.com/
  • Options
    We stayed at Areanas Del Mar in Manuel Antonio. It was by far the best hotel we stayed at in CR. The hotel has beach access, and the best part is that it is also in the rainforest, so we saw howler monkeys, capuchin monkeys, sloths, iguanas, crabs, racoons all from our room.
  • Options
    We went to Paradisus Playa Conchal.  It was OK, but not great.  I would have been even less pleased had we payed full price.  We got about $200 off per night due to a special they were running.  We did not go with the royal service, which you'll see written about a lot on TripAdvisor.  I say it was OK because the food was mediocre.  Many of the restaurants were hard to get into.  When we tried to take advantage of the excursions, the sunset cruise was booked up for all three days that we were there upon arrival.  The floor of the room was actually dirty to the point that my feet got black walking around.  So yeah, in summary, it was OK, but definitely nothing special and not nearly as nice as the two substantially cheaper no AIs that we stayed in during the rest of our trip - the Manatus in Guanacaste and Arenal Nayara in Arenal.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards