North Carolina

Is it Friday yet?

Work is absolutely crazy today for me.  Just had to skip over here for a minute to breathe.  AHHHHH I need today to go quickly and Friday to go even faster so that the weekend will finally be here.  Hope you all are having a good day!
imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is it Friday yet?

• alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    seriously, this week is taking forever! So ready for this weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    i am sooooo ready for tomorrow so i can wear my halloween costume to work, lol
  • edited December 2011
    Amanda - did you finish the Hot Air Balloon costume?  I want to see it if so!!
  • edited December 2011
    i am finishing it tonight!! i will definately take pics when i am done.FI has been helping me but i fired him last night....i need to rehire him when we get home. even though i am blowing the balloons up with my yoga ball pump, i need some help! yes....my very first words were "i can do it myself"...lol
  • edited December 2011
    LOL.  Well I hope he is ready to accept the job again ;) Good luck blowing up those balloons!
  • edited December 2011
    i'm probably the only one, but i don't want this weekend to end because then i have to put DH on another plane to California for 2 weeks.  booo*hiss
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ha, can't wait to see the pictures!
  • edited December 2011
    Eww Megan, that is no fun.  In all fairness, I never said I wanted the weekend to end ;)
  • edited December 2011
    cali for two weeks!?! you can't go with??? im sorry, that sucks!FI is ready to take the job back.....i don't think he totally accepted "your fired! can you please hand me the tape and scissors off the table?" as being fired, lol
  • edited December 2011
    britney - if we can find a way to make saturday last forever then i think we will all be happy! deal?
  • edited December 2011
    Haha deal.  Then I'll get to be a butterfly forever (since that's my Halloween costume)
  • edited December 2011
    aaawwww i want to see the butterfly!! we all have to post pics :)
  • LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Am I  the only one without a costume?  We can't wear them to work tomorrow and I am going to be left all alone Sat night while the FI works.  We live on a dark dead-end, so no one ever comes trick-or-treating!  Oh well, I guess it's scary flicks and a bottle of wine for me!I can't wait to see picks of this Hot Air Balloon costume!  very creative :O)
  • edited December 2011
    Haha yes, its kind of a long story as I was a butterfly my Junior year at State.  But I'm excited to finally have a girly costume again!  Last year I took the mini cereal boxes and "stabbed" plastic knives in them and taped them to my shirt.  I was a cereal killer...
  • edited December 2011
    one of the girls in my office is doing the "cereal" killer.....i hope she doesn't make the kids cry, loli only get to wear my costume tomorrow....i will be at olga's on saturday late afternoon.LB - you will have to tell me if you come accross any good scary movies!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm just dressing up for a party on Saturday.  I'm sure that some people in my office will dress up but everyone else in my department works from home on Fridays so I'll just come in the typical casual Friday garb. 
  • edited December 2011
    casual fridays???? what is that???? you must work in some modernized day office that is so up to date with what casual fridays are...... d@mn, luck you!!!! hiring???? he hei work in an ancient law office run by people that were around before jeans (with dead peoples names still on the door) and only allow casual wear every 5th FRIDAY...which comes to about 3-4 times a YEAR!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Every 5th Friday? You've got to be kidding. That is ancient! I can tell you by looking at our payroll calendar that tomorrow is the last 5th Friday we've got for 2009, coming to a grand total of (drumroll please) FOUR.  That is lame.  My office isn't necessarily "modern" but some people here wear jeans all the time.  Its really not a big deal though, but I guess I take it for granted.
  • edited December 2011
    trust me this place totally runs my closet!!!! i want a pair of uggs so BAD.....whats the point in paying $135 for something i can only wear on Sat & Sun?????
  • edited December 2011
    Yea I know what you mean.  You could always look into FUGGs instead? Or wear them every night as soon as you get home from work - or better yet, switch into them for the drive home :)
  • grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have jeans Fridays at work - what I want to know is when the "wear pajama pants to work" days will finally start - I hate wearing normal clothes.
  • edited December 2011
    So I'm totally not trying to butt in on the Ugg convo...but you should get the slippers. They're $100, so a little cheaper and then you can wear them around the house at night and on the weekends! They have rubber soles and I wear them out and about to run errands all the time! Just a suggestion!! :)
  • wendyh33wendyh33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get to wear pajamas and jeans to work all the time since....I work from home....Sorry girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards