Indiana

I need everyone's opinion!! Help PLEASE!!!

Ok, so my fiance and I have moved our wedding date up about a year, and we are trying to do everything on a pretty strict budget. Of course our biggest cost is going to be food! We are trying to cut about 100 people off the guest list to help but I was thinking of have a dessert and cocktails reception. What do ya'll think? If we list that on our invites and have the wedding at 6:30 do you think people will be upset? Our other idea was ordering pizzas from our favorite date place. Opinions? Ideas? I NEED YOUR HELP LADIES!!! I'm at my wits end here!!

Re: I need everyone's opinion!! Help PLEASE!!!

• dnl818dnl818 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A dessert reception is a great way to cust costs. But if you're going to only have dessert, I would have it much later than 630pm, as thats dinner time for most people. I would suggest 8pm for a start time-it's not too late and it gives people plenty of time to have dinner beforehand. And like you said, be sure to note something like *cocktails and dessert following ceremony" on the invite.
  • edited December 2011
    How about a Sunday afternoon (like 2:30) with desserts. Places will give you a discount to get married on a Sunday. I wouldn't like going to a 6:30 wedding with just dessert afterwards.
  • munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6:30 is dinner time for many people.  Do Sunday afternoon as PP suggested.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the above- cocktails and desserts are great, but not at a meal time.  Do it late evening (8pm or later) or midafternoon... Pizzas are fun, too, and if you don't mind losing some of the elegance and just want a party, could be great!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Where we are located there isn't really a discount for Sunday receptions. We are a small town and they don't have many (if any) Sunday receptions. I will have to contact the church where we are having the ceremony and see the latest time we could have it.
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking forward to Bobe's :(  Check with the church but perhaps if we have to wait between it and reception it gives us more time for awesome pics with the happy couple all over the big DC. We could hit the park, a big field, etc. Otherwise a mid day reception could work too say 3ish.  Dirty karaoke at the post party :)PS I love you and everything will work out.  I promise :)  Oh and in case you're wondering, we're in each other's weddings :)
  • edited December 2011
    My thoughts:1. An earlier wedding, time for guests to go to dinner on their own, hang out (and have it close to some food areas) then a reception with desserts.2. Any Dessert reception should be 7 or later. If you have a ceremony right before, make sure it's not lengthy!3. I LOVE the pizza idea but only if it fits your theme/feel.4. LOVE the idea of a sunday afternoon!
  • edited December 2011
    If pizza is in your budget I think it's a great idea! You can have it put out as a nice presentation. It will also be different, and people love it when they go to receptions and it's unique. You could make cute signs to put in front of the types of pizza and add which type is each of your favorites. Our food wasn't fancy by any means and people loved it. Most would rather have something they are familiar with then a mystery plate of crusted chicken and greens beans.
  • munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like the pizza idea everyone is throwing out there, take a look at this: http://www.stylemepretty.com/2008/12/16/real-wedding-nicole-grant-iv/.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Munkii, your post is AMAZING.  If I could do it over again, I def would look into this
  • edited December 2011
    Munkii THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! That has pretty well sealed the deal for me!! Don't worry Woolf BOBE'S it is!! Our reception isn't going to be "formal" by any means but it's not going to be really casual either. My fiance is one of the pickiest people alive and he loves Bobe's pizza, it's one of our favorite places for date night! I definately think we will be doing pizzas with a sign saying something to the effect of "Enjoy a little slice of the couple's favorite date night dish!" and then signs with the name of each pizza in front of them. I've only had one person tell me they don't like Bobe's pizza (and I'm pretty sure she's crazy!). I'm kind of over the same old reception food and think people would enjoy a change too. Granted, we will have to see if Bobe's can accomidate making and delivering pizza for 275 people!! Yep, we still have that many on the list and cannot cut anyone else!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think since it's your guys favorite and you go there for date night it has even more meaning. Good Luck and have fun planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards