New Jersey - South

Gown preservation?

Hi all,Since I'm only four days away I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for gown preservation that's reasonably priced and does a good job.TIA!Diana

Re: Gown preservation?

• edited December 2011
    I can recommend Dutch Cleaners in Cherry Hill and Plaza 70 Cleaners in Marlton - they did a good job on mine and my sister's gowns. Dutch allowed me to see my gown after cleaning, before being boxed, and I liked having that option.
  • edited December 2011
    Heather, do you mind saying how much that was?  (Mine is still hanging in the closet @ my parents' house, somewhat dirty, almost a year later.)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Kristy! The cost was somewhere in the $150-$200 range. My mom paid for it, so I am not 100% sure of the final cost. I know the price did depend on the level of detail on the dress, since it increases the difficulty for cleaning. My dress was lace with a good amount of beading/pearls on the bodice, so that cost may be on the higher end of the scale, but I am not sure.Part of me is glad it is cleaned, but the other part of me wishes it was still dirty hanging in my closet -- so I could put it on whenever I wanted :) haha.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Heather.  That's about how much I was thinking.  I'm still debating whether or not I want to have it cleaned & preserved or try to sell it.  Or just let it continue to hang there for another year haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards