Pennsylvania-Central
Options

*mamie*

whenever you made your wedding albums for your parents what were the specs of it? i was thinking of doing the 8 x 11 and i cant decide on what type of cover i want. im using shutterfly, which i think you used as well.any tips or recommendations?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *mamie*

• Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was 8x8. It's a cute size, though smaller than I would have preferred. 8x11 sounds like a good size. I did a photoguestbook of e-pics through Blurb, which was 8x10, and my wedding album through Blurb is 12x12 (which seems giant), so I'm comparing the parents album to that. I did the hard cover, which is pretty glossy - and unlike Blurb's imagewrap covers which are more matte. But the Shutterfly paper quality was nicer than I thought -- about on par on Blurb's premium paper option.
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the advice. DH is worried that if we don't do the 12 x 12 the pictures will be small given that i put several per page. so i think that we are going to go up to that size, although i feel like its a little big. im having trouble deciding on what type of outline i want to use for the pictures. did you use one for the whole book, per page, or not at all?
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    edited December 2011
    12x12 is pretty giant, but good for having many pics on one page. I altered my layouts (mixing up maybe 10 of them) for each page. Is that what you mean by outline?
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no like the different colors, edges, drop shadows, etc. i chose the thin black line because i thought it needed something but i didnt like anything else. im not very creative so its hard for me to visualize things. i altered by layouts per page, but i tried to keep everything else (page color, picture edges, text, etc) the same.
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh okay. I must have went super simple with the outlines because I can't even remember what I selected, and I did keep it continuous. I think if you do too much with weird backgrounds and outlines it has more of a kid project feel, which I didn't see fitting a wedding album. Good luck with it!
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards