North Carolina

Rustic Wedding Venues in NC??

Hi! 

I'm recently engaged and have quickly found myself (happily) treading in the chaos that is wedding planning! My fiance proposed after an enduring backpacking trip (up, over and down a mountain...phew!), so I would love to carry the mountain/outdoorsy theme into our Fall 2012 wedding. I'm looking for an affordable rustic NC venue that's within close proximity of an airport for guests (i.e. farm, restored barns).

Any reviews for Claxton Farm (Weaverville, NC) and/or M7 Events Solutions (event planning org)?

Any help, advice or feedback would be much appreciated it! Thanks in advance!!

Re: Rustic Wedding Venues in NC??

• amnolenamnolen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IDK that much about Claxton Farm but a great rustic place is Deerfields in Mills River. It is very close to the Asheville Airport. You get the entire property starting Friday afternoon and going through Sunday. I can't remember the guy's name, but it definitely fits your description of what you are looking for :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hng0411hng0411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Barn at Valhalla is a BEAUTIFUL venue in Chapel Hill!

• rhettsbriderhettsbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a place right outside of Charlotte called The Dairy Barn. I don't have any experience with it, but it looks cool.
  • bellamisto43bellamisto43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a new venue in Winston - WinMock.  It looks lovely, yet rustic, and my planner has done a couple weddings there with great things to say about it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Deer Creek Run in Weaverville next year.  It has that rustic/outdoors feeling that it sounds like you are looking for.  We also looked at Lake Eden.  I looked at Claxton, but felt overwhelmed by all of their "requests" (restrictions IMO) and small fees.  It looks beautiful though!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • bg75133bg75133 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out the Blowing Rock area. It is a little less know, but an absolutly stunning area of North Carolina. I am attending a wedding show there November 18th-20th. They are actually transporting to different venues for tours! You should check out the show's website http://www.weddingshowofthencmtns.com
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! I ended up securing Claxton Farm for my wedding, but I appreciate all of your feedback and suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards