Colorado-Denver

Estes Park/Denver Location

Hi Ladies, I am looking for a rustic yet elegant location in Estes Park or around Denver. The wedding will be small between 30-40 people. I would like to have the wedding and reception at the same location. Any help would be appreciated. I currently live in Houston and will only have a couple of days to look at locations when I visit for Christmas. Thanks for your help!

Re: Estes Park/Denver Location

• edited December 2011
    Wild Basin Lodge is near Estes Park, it is a pretty rustic lodge, they have 2 outdoor ceremony locations and a nice lodge for the reception.
    JuneFlowers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the exact same desire for a location & similar sized guestlist and looked at Marys Lake Lodge, Black Canyon Inn & Stanley in Estes...not super impressed by any of them, but they were all "okay". Not exactly in Estes or Denver but we LOVE LOVE LOVE Devils Thumb Ranch in Tabernash (near Winter Park)...they have a small reception room (all windows) that is perfect for your wedding size (some pics in my bios). We got married in September. If you are at all interested I'd be happy to email ya pics or give you access to our pro pics on pictage so you can see the venue. Also, you can check out Karimichaels' "venues visited" bio..she has LOTS of different venues in there! :) Good luck!!!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011
    A little off the beaten path is a private property called Lost Antler's Ranch in Estes Park.  You can find it on Vacation Rentals By Owners (www.vrbo.com).
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • paigef11paigef11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Evans Chapel on DU's campus and the reception will be at their HRTM Tuscan ballroom, which is just a (very) short walk from the chapel. We chose the location because we're also having a small wedding (50-75 tops), and all fam is OOT, so we wanted to limit the driving as much as possible. The chapel is the oldest in Denver and used to be downtown until they relocated it to DU. It's super cute and holds 85 people MAX (this was another concern for me - didn't want the venue to feel empty w/our small audience). It's super cute and I always think it looks like it should be tucked away in a forest somewhere. The ballroom is also on the small side and has dividers that can be put up if you don't want too much open space. It has an attached wine room that is a replica of some famous winery in Tuscany, and a fun balcony and winding staircase. I was a little nervous about the location, but the campus really is gorgeous, with a little winding canal up to the chapel and lots of great architecture around. (FI is an architect, so there's no way it wouldn't have made the cut if it didn't have character.)Oh, and the prices are reasonable also! Another bonus - everyone we've dealt with there has been so helpful and accomodating, especially the event planner at the reception venue. If you want more info or pics, let me know. I'd be happy to share! paige.foster@gmail.com
  • jaecordovajaecordova member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a local wedding planner and would love the opportunity to help you in your search. Please feel free to contact me for a free consultation at justina@vipwedandevents.com. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married at Crags Lodge in Estes, and it was perfect.  A bunch of family also stayed at Marys Lake Lodge, and it was beautiful as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards