Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Wequassett

Has anyone ever been to a wedding here? My fiance and I liked it, but it seemed a little stuffy. I jut want to know if it is the type of place where the party can go past midnight, or if there is a place nearby for an after party. Thanks for the help!

Re: Wequassett

• edited December 2011
    I got married at the Wequassett Outer Bar, and it wasn't stuffy at all.  It was classy and elegant with a great Cape vibe.  But - if you use the ballroom, it will be more formal, but still not "stuffy" (IMO).  As far as hours, I don't know if you can extend beyond 11pm in the ballroom or 10pm at the Outer Bar...  regardless, guests can retire to Thoreau's (the inside bar) until midnight or so.  After that, you'd have to head into Chatham to hit an "after hours" bar.  HTH!
  • uflindsayuflindsay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wequassett is a lovely place, but from what I remember is very strict about getting you out of there after the 4 hours. You may want to consider renting a home/property in the area if you don't want time restrictions. The Squire and The Red Nun are possible after-wedding bars that close at 1:00.
  • ladyhugsladyhugs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Wequassett, and used the ballroom. We actually chose an afternoon, and guests made use of the outdoor space and views. It didn't feel stuffy to me, but they are very strict and punctual (agreed that they want you out after 4 hours). Harwich has noise ordiances so most places have you wind down by 11pm. Since the Wequassett offers free shuttle service we did our after party at the Squire.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married in the ballroom in May.  Reception went to 11:30, and it was not stuffy at all.  Anyone who wanted to after party went to a house that the wedding party had rented, and some of us went to the Wequassett Bar after the wedding (I think it's in the contract that you can't do that, but no one cared, and we got to hang out with the bride from the wedding that was held in the outer bar)We had the most amazing time, I can't say enough great things about the Wequassett!
  • jkriegerjkrieger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hubby and I just got married at the outer bar and grille in September.  While the music has to end at 10pm due to noise restrictions in the township, our guests did hang around after the wedding at the bar and at the fire pit.  The bar inside the restaurant is also there as others mention. The staff and the Wequassett were not one bit stuffy and do an amazing job!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards