Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Stressed about Photographer needs opinions

Ok so my photographer has stressed me out and made me upset.  I will try to make this short but to give you an idea of the situation.  I work with my photographer and he has taken pictures of me running in marathons and we have always loved the pictures.  He has done several weddings. My parents really wanted to use him but I was nervous from day one because I work with him and he doesn't want people knowing he is my photographer.  Anyways after looking around we ended up with him with my parents encouragement.  I have stressed to him that he is the most important part of my wedding. We went and did e-pictures and I was dissapointed so we planned on doing more.  I work seasonal with the Texas Rangers so I am able to get us on the field for free to take pictures.  He told me a date and I got it set up.  Let him know it was a go and he tells me he may be out of town for work that day.  I am so sick of this everything with my wedding planning has been a breeze except for him.  I don't know what to do.  Sorry so long but please I need some advice.

Re: Stressed about Photographer needs opinions

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm let's see here:1. Pictures are the most important thing in your wedding2. You were nervous from Day One about using him3. He doesn't want people to know he's your photographer4. He has stressed you out and made you upset after one session5. You didn't like the first thing he did for you and want to do it over6. He has already caused you to have to reschedule your do overWhat do you think my advice would be here?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, definitely find a new photographer. If he's not making you a priority at all right now, why would he later on?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry about your situation.   I would highly recommend finding a professional wedding photographer and starting over.  If you bite the bullet now, it will relieve a lot of your stress in between now and your wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everyone else! 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, maybe my post was a little rude.  It wasn't meant to be.  I'm very stressed.But I made all of my points using your very own words straight out of your post.  I was just trying to show you that you've really answered your own question -- and that is to find another photogrpaher.  And pronto.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Take everyone's sage advice. Find another photographer. Trust me, I'm a bride that is just now (9 months) getting over her crappy wedding photographer and wedding pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto all the above post. This is not something that should be skimped out on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with everyone else!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with all the other ladies:  Ditch him!!!
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is definitely a way to handle this.  We booked a photographer VERY quickly, but then once we got our engagement pictures I could tell that he really wasn't the artist we were looking for for our wedding.  I took my time, made sure I didn't take any action based solely on emotion, and managed to get out of our contract with no hard feelings and best wishes from him that we would find someone else. Don't stress.  It can be done. :)
  • Options
    mscheese424mscheese424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone My fI and I both agree with what yall said.  I think I just had to hear it from others.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards